Line Codes

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
iggymuff

Line Codes

Post by iggymuff »

Hi here we go. Some parts stores stock same brand but use different line codes, if you transfer from parts store with wrong line code, it does not come of inventory if it is something you stock. Is it possible to make it so you can enter more than one line code, so program will see both? Would be nice if can be done. Thanks Freddie
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Line Codes

Post by ricmorin »

Welcome to the Forum.

The program only allows for one line code per inventory item. It's an interesting idea to allow for more. Not sure but that would likely be complicated programming. I like the idea.

In the meantime, instead of transferring, jot the number down and enter it manually. If you have it, it will appear.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
salineauto

Post by salineauto »

Why can't you have the program ignore the line code and look only at the part number? When you are busy it is very time consuming to manually enter part numbers for estimates if you are already transferring same part numbers from vendor sites. What would also be very nice and helpful is if the parts edit list did not require exact part numbers. For example, say I have three types of coolant named AFZ-DEX, AFZ-FORD, & AFZ-MOPAR. I can't remember the exact part number so I just type in AFZ hit tab or inventory & it pulls up all parts in inventory that start with AFZ. R.O Writer has this feature and it makes things very smooth.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Setup - Shop Data - Default Settings
1. A new option was added recently to ignore the line codes and display matches in your inventory parts list:
new setting.jpg
new setting.jpg (25.62 KiB) Viewed 3174 times
linecodes.jpg
linecodes.jpg (94.51 KiB) Viewed 3179 times
2. Our inventory search works with partial part numbers as described:
invsearch.jpg
invsearch.jpg (75.63 KiB) Viewed 3179 times
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
salineauto

Post by salineauto »

Thank you timbre that fixed the 1st issue. The second issue is not as big of deal but what I was referring to was a partial part number search in the parts edit screen without having to even go to the inventory screen.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Understood; we have had that entered on the enhancement request list for a while as a speed-typing system to bring up matches.

In the meantime, type the partial, click Inventory, press enter to do the same thing.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Parts + Ordering”