Internet Explorer Vs Chrome for Catalog look up

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
ARS
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Internet Explorer Vs Chrome for Catalog look up

Post by ARS »

We would like to switch our catalog browser in Mitchell from Internet Explorer to Google Chrome. I am using an XP computer. When I open the catalog from IWI Motor parts - I keep getting this message-

Your Web Browser will be Unsupported Soon.
We’ve detected that you are using an unsupported version of Internet Explorer. To use many of our latest and greatest features, please update to a modern fully supported browser.

Mitchell has this catalog opening in Internet Explorer 8. Because I am using an XP computer, I can not Upgrade IE to any higher than 8.

The IWI Catalog can open in Chrome just fine. We just need to know how to have it open in chrome through Mitchell.

I know that XP is no longer supported but we are not able to buy a new computer at the moment. Just need help making the switch. Thanks, ARS
liljoe
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Re: Internet Explorer Vs Chrome for Catalog look up

Post by liljoe »

Just a wild guess here, but do you have your default browser set to chrome on the computer?
Working hard to prove the Green Team can do it with the best of 'em.
Always remember: AIN'T NO FREE LUNCHES!!
Am I the Only One?- I don't think I am.
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.
ARS

Post by ARS »

How do you know what you default browser in MItchell?
My default for my computer is Chrome... I use Chrome for everything else.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Most catalogs and web-based frames open in IE from the Management software. Changing your default system browser will not likely change this. To be perfectly frank, it's time to consider an overall upgrade. As you probably know, Microsoft discontinued support for XP last year, Chrome (ends this month) and Firefox will both likely stop support for it this year, and we're also targeting the end of support for 2016.
M1 Product Manager
ARS

Post by ARS »

Thank you.. they are working on getting me a new computer.. but tech support for our shop is slow. I was just trying to see if there was a work around until then.

Return to “Parts + Ordering”