ACTIVANT/EPICOR

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
sbcauto
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

ACTIVANT/EPICOR

Post by sbcauto »

Had Made Post Earlier About Shopcat Catalouge. Talking To Epicor They Have A Cloud Based Catalouge That Would Work Within Mitchell. It Is Very close To The Same One Used In Protractor. However When I Asked About Using It Within Mitchell I Was Told The They Have Tried By Mitchell Was not Interested. I Would Like Mitchell To Consider This As This Is By Far The Best Parts & Labour Guide Out There. This Would Speed Estimate times Because Parts & Labour Are In The Same Place. No Longer Would You Have To Look Up Parts The Go To Estimater To Get Labour . This Would Be Worth The Added Cost To Have The Available.
Thanks
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Re: ACTIVANT/EPICOR

Post by Johnny5 »

sbcauto wrote:Had Made Post Earlier About Shopcat Catalouge. Talking To Epicor They Have A Cloud Based Catalouge That Would Work Within Mitchell. It Is Very close To The Same One Used In Protractor. However When I Asked About Using It Within Mitchell I Was Told The They Have Tried By Mitchell Was not Interested. I Would Like Mitchell To Consider This As This Is By Far The Best Parts & Labour Guide Out There. This Would Speed Estimate times Because Parts & Labour Are In The Same Place. No Longer Would You Have To Look Up Parts The Go To Estimater To Get Labour . This Would Be Worth The Added Cost To Have The Available.
Thanks
Hi,

Good day. Epicor has a system in place that provides raw data to system integrators, that data is 'delivered' to applications via Web Services. Protractor's software has a generic catalog wuilt into the application that processes data from multiple catalog feeds. The interface in Protractor is unique to their program and can not be used by another shop management system.

Epicor's data can be used in other management system, we proved catalog vendors the opportunity to build their own catalog to be used by Manager; we have not been approached with such a project but would welcome one.

John Dwulet
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1

Return to “Parts + Ordering”