Repair Link not receiving vehicle info

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
nhsc
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Repair Link not receiving vehicle info

Post by nhsc »

Being able to add Repair Link is a nice feature, unfortunately, there seems to be a disconnect when passing the vehicle information (VIN?) and the catalog won't work
JAY PHILLIPS
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Repair Link not receiving vehicle info

Post by ricmorin »

We use repair link extensively and haven't had any problems.

Have you set up vendors in RepairLink? Remember that setup is needed in Manager and in RepairLink separately.

Does the program fail to pass vin's on all attempts or just a few.

If you haven't set up any vendors for Subaru, for example, the program won't recognize that vin.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
nhsc
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by nhsc »

Well, I just tried again with a 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe and it worked, so I guess I'll have to say it doesn't work some of the time. We only have GM available to us. I'll monitor for now.
JAY PHILLIPS
Sauvageaus
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by Sauvageaus »

The only issue with RepairLink if when i select the part and transfer it. When I go to order it if I don't put anything in the RO/Invoice # it makes some number either from the dealer or Repairlink. I know other places I can just send it through and it will take our Invoice without having to enter it manually. Is there a way RepairLink would take our Repair Order/Invoice # without having to manually enter it?
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

I ordered a part from GM. Used RL for 100% of it.

I looked at the Invoice from the dealer. in the "your order no." box it has entered "25690-30664"

I opened the POs we have and #25690 was the PO that Mitchell assigned for this order, and our invoice number was 30664. So that makes sense to me. Is yours printing some other than that?
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
Sauvageaus

Post by Sauvageaus »

Rich wrote:I ordered a part from GM. Used RL for 100% of it.

I looked at the Invoice from the dealer. in the "your order no." box it has entered "25690-30664"

I opened the POs we have and #25690 was the PO that Mitchell assigned for this order, and our invoice number was 30664. So that makes sense to me. Is yours printing some other than that?
If I don't manually put the Invoice into the Ref/Invoice # it would show up something like your 25690 I think. If I enter the Invoice number manually in there it would do the same thing as your 25690-30664. So Mitchell must assign a different number. I know when I send an Invoice to Napa/O'Reillys etc whatever my PO number is in Mitchell shows up. Napa if I don't manually enter the RO/Inv # it will show up as the PO #. O'Reilly's if I have a Est/RO/Inv # it will show up along with the PO #.
motley06

Post by motley06 »

I experienced this same thing this morning. 2013 LS 460 shows up, I grab my tablet and walk out to the vehicle. I enter the license plate, hit decode in mobile manager, and it populates all the information. An hour later, I click on repair link catalog to look up some parts and it asks for either the vin or y/m/m. I exit out to verify that the vin and license plate was entered through mobile manager and that it has the y/m/m. It does. I click on the 'vehicle' tab and see that the buttons 'decode' and 'lookup' are not greyed out yet. I click the 'lookup' button for the license plate entry and it 'reverifies' all the previous info that was decoded through mobile manager and now greys out the 'lookup' and 'decode' buttons. I go back to my sub estimate and click repair link and now all the vehicle info is carried over into the catalog... I suspect maybe there is something not happening when mobile manager decodes a license plate that prevent's the catalog from grabbing the info? Maybe Mike can chime in or others can see if they can replicate.

Return to “Parts + Ordering”