FirstCall Shutting Down Manager?

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: First call shutting down mitchell

Post by timbre4 »

Yes. It is my understanding that a serious memory leak was fixed and some further code review of the FirstCall catalog will yield an enhanced user experience in the near future.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
nickscarcare
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by nickscarcare »

I did find out that mine as far as I can tell only does it on the host pc, not the workstation.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

Oreilly regional rep was here and he knows about the problem, said its a Mitchell issue. He said some people it affects and some it don't. I told him I don't care who's problem it is just would be nice to get fixed.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

nickscarcare wrote:I did find out that mine as far as I can tell only does it on the host pc, not the workstation.
Mine shut down the host today. Using v7.0.7.

I simply used another vendor. One would think that OR would be aggressively working towards a fix, no matter who's to blame. It's too easy to click on another button these days.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
D J

Post by D J »

For us it affects both the host and the workstations, noticed it first on the workstation.
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by Johnny5 »

Just a brief update. Mitchell 1 and O'Reilly have been meeting and exploring fixes for this issue. We reviewed their catalog plugin last week doing some minor housekeeping with memory. We have both teams working on the problem and are meeting every week. There are changes to the FCO website being considered as well as additional changes to the catalog plugin. This problem is at the top of our list.

John Dwulet
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
D J

Post by D J »

Thanks for the update John!! You guys ROCK!! :D
ARS
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by ARS »

We are having this issue as well- happened 2 times today!
mestude

Post by mestude »

im not sure if this is still being worked on. I have run the update several times from m1files and it still shuts me down....a lot as first call is one of my first calls.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

mestude wrote:im not sure if this is still being worked on. I have run the update several times from m1files and it still shuts me down....a lot as first call is one of my first calls.
It is. Johhny5's message above covers it. Some portion of the work being done is not deliverable as yet.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

It is still being worked. During our frequent teleconferences with O'Reilly it was decided last Friday FCO will provide us a version of the catalog that has additional log gathering options. What we want to do is get that catalog version to a couple of folks having the problem in hopes that it will reveal in better detail where the problem may lie. As of right now, neither Mitchell or O'Reilly is sure if the problem is our code within the the Manager application, the catalog DLL authored by O'Reilly, or the website itself. Rest assured, there are several people across several offices that are monitoring and investigating this in earnest.

John Dwulet
Retired - Mitchell1
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

Hi All,

O'Reilly pushed a update to their website last night to help correct the error. The update appears to have remediated the problem.

JD
Retired - Mitchell1
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

From FCO:

A few weeks ago we sent communication about an intermittent Mitchell1/First Call Online issue. Some customers were experiencing a situation when looking up parts through First Call Online where the Mitchell1 software would terminate and present a message stating "Shop Stream Extensible Framework Error Has Occurred. Mitchell1 Manager Will Be Forced to Close". The problem was caused by a security update to Flash which unknowingly impacted First Call Online.

Changes were made by the development team which removed Flash from First Call Online. I am happy to announce that after a late night deploy, the Mitchell1/FCO Shop Stream issue has been resolved.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while the problem was being resolved.

Please share this information with your customers during your weekly sales calls. As always if you have customers requiring further assistance please contact the Professional System Team.

Thanks,
Mike Hill
O'Reilly Auto Parts
Professional Systems Manager
Retired - Mitchell1
Sauvageaus

Re: FirstCall Shutting Down Manager?

Post by Sauvageaus »

Do We need to do any downloading/updating of anything or being they fixed their FCO site it should work?
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Sauvageaus wrote:Do We need to do any downloading/updating of anything or being they fixed their FCO site it should work?
The fix was done on the web site, so the only action that might be needed is clearing your browser cache to make sure you're loading the newest version of the site. Though this won't be the case for most users.
M1 Product Manager
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

I called Oreilly tech line and so far (knock on wood) it has fixed it on this end here.

507-345-6425

Return to “Parts + Ordering”