FirstCall Shutting Down Manager?

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
liljoe
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

FirstCall Shutting Down Manager?

Post by liljoe »

When I use the first call online button (new), I can select the part group, then the sub group. When I go to select the actual part, about 1 out of three times, I will get an error message saying shopstream extension has encountered a problem and needs to close. Then it will completely shut down manager and I will have to reopen it and start back over. This has been going on for a couple weeks or so, but is happening more often now. Called my O-R rep and he called his people and they advised him it is a Mitchell problem. Is anyone else having this problem or know of a solution for it?
Thanks for any help on this issue.
Liljoe
Working hard to prove the Green Team can do it with the best of 'em.
Always remember: AIN'T NO FREE LUNCHES!!
Am I the Only One?- I don't think I am.
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.
motley06
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Re: First call shutting down mitchell

Post by motley06 »

Yes, I was just getting ready to make a post about this. Has been happening since Monday, I got the 7.0.6 and 7.0.7 updates during that time I believe...
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

We are investigating this issue and hope to have some news for you soon. Thanks again for reporting it!
M1 Product Manager
nickscarcare
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by nickscarcare »

I thought it was just another one of those problems only I had. Glad to hear others are having the same issues. We also have 7.0.7
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com
liljoe

Post by liljoe »

Just for references, I am on 6.6.10. Support remoted into my system and I was able to duplicate the issue, they are working on finding the cause, then they can create a solution.....
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by Johnny5 »

liljoe wrote:When I use the first call online button (new), I can select the part group, then the sub group. When I go to select the actual part, about 1 out of three times, I will get an error message saying shopstream extension has encountered a problem and needs to close. Then it will completely shut down manager and I will have to reopen it and start back over. This has been going on for a couple weeks or so, but is happening more often now. Called my O-R rep and he called his people and they advised him it is a Mitchell problem. Is anyone else having this problem or know of a solution for it?
Thanks for any help on this issue.
Liljoe
We are attempting to learn where the problem lies and fix it, we are investigating the O'Reilly catalog code and our own Manager SE code.
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

They will find it! Keep us posted. Thank you guys!
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Starting to see this here as well. 7.0.7
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

Now it come up with "An error was detected from the catalog. An error occured while transfering cart contents to the main application." We had to exit the program and restart to finally get it to work.

507-345-6425
Sauvageaus

Post by Sauvageaus »

nickscarcare wrote:Now it come up with "An error was detected from the catalog. An error occured while transfering cart contents to the main application." We had to exit the program and restart to finally get it to work.
I've noticed that as well
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Working here on SE 7.0.7 without issue; if Manager SE hasn't been restarted in a while, it may cure this.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Sauvageaus

Post by Sauvageaus »

timbre4 wrote:Working here on SE 7.0.7 without issue; if Manager SE hasn't been restarted in a while, it may cure this.
I exit out and back it up every night and then restart in the morning and sometimes another time or 2 throughout the day, but at least once a day.
liljoe

Post by liljoe »

Sauvageaus wrote:
timbre4 wrote:Working here on SE 7.0.7 without issue; if Manager SE hasn't been restarted in a while, it may cure this.
I exit out and back it up every night and then restart in the morning and sometimes another time or 2 throughout the day, but at least once a day.
Same here as well. Also, when it happens, it will make you close and restart the program. Have had it happen twice in a row with out a successful catalog look up today. Then on the third try ( after restarting the program twice ) I was able to look up parts. Gets kinda frustrating looking up things in the O-R catalog. Others seem to work fine for me, they are both the activant type interface and not like the first call link....
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: FirstCall Shutting Down Manager?

Post by timbre4 »

Help is on the way - stay tuned
Tim McDonnell -
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

Any update on the fix for this, had it 4 times this morning shut down.

507-345-6425
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

We are continuing to work with O'Reilly's to help them fix the issue(s) with their FirstCall catalog. When we have something further, we'll let you know.
Tim McDonnell -
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

Ok just checking, I know they tried something with my system already, but it did not fix it.

507-345-6425
liljoe

Post by liljoe »

nickscarcare wrote:Ok just checking, I know they tried something with my system already, but it did not fix it.
If you contact OR tech support they can, regardless of what you might have told locally, reset your old first call button ( activant type interface ) and you can use it till the issues are completely resolved. My system has done fine since they had me run a patch, till this morning. Had an issue twice today, but nothing like what it was before. It was happening about one out of three times. Support remoted into my system again today and got some log files and such to study in the search for a cause and then solution for this.

My local rep from OR had told me that we could not go back to the old interface due to the system not being updated anymore with pricing and inventory ( this info was given to him by his district guy ) but I have checked the old with the new and both show same pricing. OR support guy said the old interface WILL NOT be disbanded until such a time as all issues with the new one are fully resolved. I was informed that the reason the problem is only with the new interface is due to the heavy amount of data and security involved in the new one. It is set up to be able to pay your bill from there, so they had to use stronger encryption and such. Hope this helps clear this up a bit for everyone.
madmoneymike5
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by madmoneymike5 »

Not to harp, but any updates/changes on this issue?
(Using Version 7.0.11 as of June 2016)
D J

Post by D J »

Yes, We've been having this issue as well. I'll keep checking back here for updates...

D J Sebens
Marlin's Auto Service
Lynden, WA.

Return to “Parts + Ordering”