Parts ordering

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
Mitchcarp1

Parts ordering

Post by Mitchcarp1 »

I just came back to mitchell1 after using another program and it would be a big help if you could click on the vendor button at the bottom of the page and have a screen that asked you if you want to add more parts or order parts selected from that vendor. If you order parts it takes you to a screen where you can see all parts from that vendor, void part or add to number of parts ordered then you order from that vendor. When you click on the part on the work order it goes to a window like Mitchell1 but shows the vendor from where it came. Is this going to try to order all the parts from the vendor you have selected? This really needs a fix but glad I have this program back.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Parts ordering

Post by ricmorin »

Welcome to the Forum.

I don't know what program you had, but Manager handles parts ordering fairly well, IMO. There are several methods, depending on where you are in the program.

For most, ordering directly for a Repair Order is the most common. Once parts are on the order, either imported from electronic catalogs or manually entered, you can order in two different ways. For electronic ordering, simply click on the Parts Ordering button while on the Order tab and select the vendor. For a manual PO to phone in, click on Options then Pick List and you'll get to choose the needed parts. Note that Manager tracks what has been ordered and what has not. Only parts that have not yet been ordered will show up in these windows. Very cool.

For ordering parts from a single vendor on multiple repair orders, you go straight to Purchase Orders and click on Pick List from Orders button in the right upper corner. This builds a list of parts that are outstanding from all orders.

Finally, for restocking low inventory, the Restock from Inventory button on the PO's screen will get you a list of needed parts by Vendor. Note that these are stocking parts and not one time sales items on open RO's.

Once you're in sync with the flow, it's a breeze.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
wellsauto

Re: Parts ordering

Post by wellsauto »

I was wondering if there is a way to "stick" the part with a vendor that you originally looked it up for. Say I looked up a part from Napa added it to the RO and then add a part from Repairlink or AutoZone etc. I wait for the customer to call back for approval. Could be several hours. Now how am I or my Service Writer supposed to remember which part came from which vendor? When you hit the "parts ordering" button it would be super helpful if those parts were all ordered from their respectful vendors. Nothing irritates me more when I add a part from a vendor(anybody) and go to order it and it sends the order to the last vendor I used. 10 minutes later I am getting a phone call saying the part number I sent through is no good. :oops:

Return to “Parts + Ordering”