CORES?

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
Bernhausen

CORES?

Post by Bernhausen »

Ok so bare with me here please.. I'm trying to wrap my head around the core system but I'm hoping somebody may have a little insight. Here's what we have so far.

Scenario #1. Part Cost $100, core cost $51. Part is received at the correct cost of $100 via PO (PO does NOT prompt to receive a core). Matrix sets sell price to 185.18 and part is transferred to work order without core (job is in house core will not leave shop). Transferred part now deducts cost of of core from cost of part leaving a cost of $49 with a sell price of 185.18. Sell price is correct cost is incorrect. 73.5% profit = False. This alters revenue report.

Scenario #2 (as per Mitchell core instructions) - Part cost is 100, core cost is 51. Part and core are manually added together and received via PO as one lump sum of $151. Matrix sets sell price to 255.93 and part is transferred to work order without core (job is in house core will not leave shop). Transferred part now deducts cost of of core from cost of part leaving a cost of $100 with a sell price of 255.93. Sell price is incorrect cost is correct. 60.9% profit = False. This alters revenue report. Customer feels price is way higher then our competitor... sale is lost.

Scenario #3 - Same as #2 except insert a list and customer entered price to over ride the matrix. This works.. except it fully negates having a price matrix and requires manual updates of sell price on all items with a core. It also does not tackle the issue of the false purchase price which is on record.

Now for the actual cost tracking.. because parts are being received at a false rate this is now inflating what we have spent with a specific supplier. Ordinarily this would be resolved once the cores are returned, however after multiple phones calls to tech support, sifting through videos and tutorials I can find no way of reconciling the cores I have on hand. Each time I add a part w/o core to a work order, my core count climbs. How do I show these cores have been returned to their respective supplier and that money has been refunded to me? The idea of an infinitely rising core count seems particularly goofy. Simply deleting a core out of the count does not reconcile the costing side of things throwing a false report again.

Can anybody shed some light? Am I missing a setting or a different area of the core system to make this functional?
Attachments
Scenario #1
Scenario #1
core01.jpg (207.76 KiB) Viewed 4586 times
Scenario #2
Scenario #2
core02.jpg (203.42 KiB) Viewed 4586 times
Core count
Core count
core03.jpg (104.86 KiB) Viewed 4586 times
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Re: CORES?

Post by brianp87 »

Sorry I am of no help. I do not use that portion. I just make sure I return cores and leave them out of the management system it just works for me so why change.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Core handling is something that the Manager program handles poorly. I track all cores outside of Mitchell.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

Mitchell doesn't like cores well. Makes it a pain here in Michigan.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
Paradigm

Post by Paradigm »

brianp87 wrote:Sorry I am of no help. I do not use that portion. I just make sure I return cores and leave them out of the management system it just works for me so why change.
Most of the time the vendor bill goes on a clip board until the core credit is given and the two invoices are stapled and don. I have an exception to this with the batteries we stock.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

We have a tracking sheet that follows the return process, core, defective or new, from beginning to end.
returns.png
returns.png (6.79 KiB) Viewed 4511 times
All returned parts are tracked here.
603-622-6434 x203

Bernhausen

Post by Bernhausen »

I gather then I am not missing anything then. that's very disappointing as we were sold on this system as having core tracking ability. What it appears we actually received is a quasi core tracking system which was 50% completed and simply left to die. Do we know if a completed version is in the works?
carrieswanlund

Post by carrieswanlund »

ricmorin wrote:We have a tracking sheet that follows the return process, core, defective or new, from beginning to end.
returns.png
All returned parts are tracked here.

Thank you. I thought it was way too complicated through Mitchel 1 and it would take a lot of effort to make the taxes, etc work.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

You're welcome. I can send you a copy of the file template if you want.
603-622-6434 x203

Return to “Parts + Ordering”