Repairlink Not Working Properly

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Re: Repairlink Not Working Properly

Post by Rich »

It is still the same, it didn't work in January and it still does not work.. I was trying to remember my example, so i went back and re-looked that one up so i could provide accurate info, then i go and click edit and not quote. :oops: :oops:
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
jace241
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by jace241 »

timbre4 wrote:Data Update: 2/07

" We released a GM data update this past Friday. The update included about 75% of the missing GM VINs (2 of the examples you provided from forum users are included). We continue to work with GM & Ford specifically on any gaps & escalations."

"There is a filtering issue for GM (as the shop noted) when using Navigation. The team has identified a fix & we anticipate early March for the fix to be deployed."
1GYS4KEF9BR186085

That VIN still does not decode
jace241

Post by jace241 »

1GYFK43828R242996

Another Cadillac. Is that the issue?
jace241

Post by jace241 »

Ive attached images of the no part available. By using the search I found the part I needed. But when I go to the images and click on the part number is shows contact dealer.
Attachments
Link1.png
Link1.png (149.51 KiB) Viewed 7301 times
Link2.png
Link2.png (93.55 KiB) Viewed 7300 times
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Post by Tim Martin »

This morning I went to look up parts for a 2000 Ford Taurus and lo and behold, that vehicle is not listed. Do vehicles get deleted as they get older? I am frustrated cause I need tp look up parts.
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by sbebenelli »

Tim Martin wrote:This morning I went to look up parts for a 2000 Ford Taurus and lo and behold, that vehicle is not listed. Do vehicles get deleted as they get older? I am frustrated cause I need tp look up parts.
I have this problem all the time since the "new and improved". I literally hate this catalog now.
Tim Martin

Post by Tim Martin »

We do alot of diesel work here and I cant even look up a diesel pickup till the mid 2000s. Very frustrating. We used to be able to go back into the mid nineties but not anymore.
Rich

Post by Rich »

1FMEU74E78UA03518

PS when looking up an AC condenser for this vehicle, its under the "electrical" heading............. :roll: :roll:

I swear, if Xbox or PS4 does this to me. I will pack them full of tanerite and go to the range.
Rich Hays
BenjaminPeterson
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by BenjaminPeterson »

Anyone having issues printing the diagram on repair link?
Steve OEConnect

Post by Steve OEConnect »

BenjaminPeterson wrote:Anyone having issues printing the diagram on repair link?
Hello Kate here from the RepairLink Product team. What issue are you having while trying to print? Any screenshots would be helpful! Thank you :)
OE Connect - Repair Link
Steve OEConnect

Rich wrote:1FMEU74E78UA03518

PS when looking up an AC condenser for this vehicle, its under the "electrical" heading............. :roll: :roll:

I swear, if Xbox or PS4 does this to me. I will pack them full of tanerite and go to the range.
Hi Rich, I am sorry the parts catagories are not intuitive and causing frustration. We are actively working to correct this issue and make the catalog easier to use! Thank you for your feedback.
OE Connect - Repair Link
Steve OEConnect

Tim Martin wrote:We do alot of diesel work here and I cant even look up a diesel pickup till the mid 2000s. Very frustrating. We used to be able to go back into the mid nineties but not anymore.
Hi Tim, is this for a mid-2000s Ford VIN?
OE Connect - Repair Link
Tim Martin

Post by Tim Martin »

kisickik wrote:
Tim Martin wrote:We do alot of diesel work here and I cant even look up a diesel pickup till the mid 2000s. Very frustrating. We used to be able to go back into the mid nineties but not anymore.
1999 F350

VIN: 1FTWW33F1XEB53185

Wanted to look up fuel system components. The instant VIN does not decode nor is it even an option if I try and create it by application. And, to make matters more frustrating, knowing that an 02 model is the same, I tried to make it an 02 F350 and that is not listed either although a year ago it was. Very very frustrating as we do alot of diesel work here and are constantly looking for parts.
sbebenelli

Post by sbebenelli »

kisickik wrote:
Hi Rich, I am sorry the parts catagories are not intuitive and causing frustration. We are actively working to correct this issue and make the catalog easier to use! Thank you for your feedback.
All you have to do is revert it back to how it was and everything will be fixed. Don't mess with something that isn't broke.
Steve OEConnect

sbebenelli wrote:
kisickik wrote:
All you have to do is revert it back to how it was and everything will be fixed. Don't mess with something that isn't broke.
We do hear you and are working to make the catalog easier to use. We are in the process of fixing this and I do apologize - we understand your frustration! I am passing along your feedback from this forum as well.
OE Connect - Repair Link
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Thank you kisickik. Just having someone from your organization here and listening to us is evidence that you do care.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Steve OEConnect

Tim Martin wrote:
kisickik wrote:
1999 F350

VIN: 1FTWW33F1XEB53185

Wanted to look up fuel system components. The instant VIN does not decode nor is it even an option if I try and create it by application. And, to make matters more frustrating, knowing that an 02 model is the same, I tried to make it an 02 F350 and that is not listed either although a year ago it was. Very very frustrating as we do alot of diesel work here and are constantly looking for parts.
Yes I can understand how frustrating it is, we do appreciate your feedback and are listening!
Previously the Ford catalog in RepairLink covered all vehicles from 1990 to today – now all vehicles from 2007 to present are covered and some vehicles from 2000 to 2007 are also covered. For several marketing and technical reasons, Ford and OEC concluded that vehicle coverage could be reduced without significant impact. Many shops have disagreed – and we’re glad that you have spoken up – we are now in discussions with Ford to return all (or at least most) of the vehicle coverage to its previous level.
OE Connect - Repair Link
Steve OEConnect

Tim Martin wrote:This morning I went to look up parts for a 2000 Ford Taurus and lo and behold, that vehicle is not listed. Do vehicles get deleted as they get older? I am frustrated cause I need tp look up parts.
Previously the Ford catalog in RepairLink covered all vehicles from 1990 to today – now all vehicles from 2007 to present are covered and some vehicles from 2000 to 2007 are also covered. For several marketing and technical reasons, Ford and OEC concluded that vehicle coverage could be reduced without significant impact. Many shops have disagreed – and we’re glad that you have spoken up – we are now in discussions with Ford to return all (or at least most) of the vehicle coverage to its previous level.
OE Connect - Repair Link
Tim Martin

Post by Tim Martin »

kisickik wrote:
PLEASE N THANK YOU!!!!!
Rich

Post by Rich »

Kisickik,

Thanks for jumping into this frying pan! I am sure it will get better in time. :wink:
Rich Hays

Return to “Parts + Ordering”