Inventory Functions - Returns

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
BranchAutomotive

Inventory Functions - Returns

Post by BranchAutomotive »

Hello, can someone please explain to me how the INVENTORY>INV. TRANSACTIONS>RETURNS process works? Our specific question is, Where do the parts go that are returned through this process. As I understand it from previous systems (TireSoft, DST Navex) your inventory item that is selected in the return screen here should move from inventory, to the returns awaiting credit, to credit recieved, at which time it creates a PO for the credit, the part is off the books, and the credit is on the books.

When testing the Return process it did not move the item from inventory, I'm still stock positive on the item. I Also do not see where the list of returned products would be in the system. Also, I do not see where the credit would be applied to the returned item. Any explaination would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

TL;DR
Where do the parts returned go, or do they sit on inventory until a credit is recieved?
Is there a list of parts awaiting credits?
What is the process for crediting returned parts through the above method?
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: RETURNS.

Post by ricmorin »

Done correctly, the part return process removes the item from inventory; that's it. If you want to track it past that, you'll need to do that outside of Manager. Here is a post I made in 2011 about how we track returns. http://www.managerforum.net/viewtopic.p ... res#p65494
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
BranchAutomotive

Post by BranchAutomotive »

I like your approach, were trying to keep as paperless and efficient as possible, and in my mind the groundwork is already inside of Manager for a returns system. I am going to make a request in the requested features thread for a returns system that is fully functional as I believe that it would benefit every shop on Manager to be able to track returns. Thank you for your reply!
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

My worksheet is made in Excel, so it could be paperless: But tracking the memos prior to invoicing requires paper, so we just do it in a binder. It would be nice if Manager could handle all the phases internally. It's been like that since 2003 so I assume it's not a widespread request.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

BranchAutomotive wrote:I like your approach, were trying to keep as paperless and efficient as possible, and in my mind the groundwork is already inside of Manager for a returns system. I am going to make a request in the requested features thread for a returns system that is fully functional as I believe that it would benefit every shop on Manager to be able to track returns.
Such a development topic exists - stay tuned
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Parts + Ordering”