Parts Ordering

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
tanyah
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Parts Ordering

Post by tanyah »

We use the process of ordering parts through the RO and e-catalog, the problem that we are having is the PO number that gets assigned to the vendor for the order. Instead of the PO number in our system it is sending over the customer name instead. This defeats the process, because when parts arrive- it reflects there is no PO number and we need to create a new PO; ultimately having 2 PO in the system.

Logic would have the actual PO number assigned to the vendor for easier finding. In a weeks time we can have anywhere from 30 - 50 orders processed.

If there is a way to change please let me know; otherwise PLEASE ADD AS A FEATURE
Cory
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Re: Parts Ordering

Post by Cory »

Ours puts the PO number properly.

What version are you running?
Who is the vendor?

In my experience the issue is usually on the Vendors end.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

This is definitely not typical. Please provide the Vendor and catalog information if you are able.
M1 Product Manager
tanyah
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by tanyah »

Had a discovery, employees were putting information in the Ref#/Inv# box instead of leaving blank. If left blank PO number shows on vendor invoices.
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

tanyah wrote:Had a discovery, employees were putting information in the Ref#/Inv# box instead of leaving blank. If left blank PO number shows on vendor invoices.
We enter name and Ro number. I find that generally the PO that is generated shows up somewhere on part invoice. Just have to hunt for it sometimes.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.

Return to “Parts + Ordering”