Non-Inventory Parts Tracking

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
Harrellauto1

Non-Inventory Parts Tracking

Post by Harrellauto1 »

When adding a part from an online source such as NEXPART the cost in the database within NEXPART may or may not have changed from the last purchase cost in Mitchell1 and Mitchell1 does not update the cost in my database upon adding the part to my repair order. When this happens sometimes I catch the change on my screen based on the price I saw online and unfortunately, sometimes I do not. Once I realized this I purged most of the inventory parts that I order regularly and do not keep in stock from my inventory list to avoid losing money in sales. Is there a way for me to track a specific part sales report without making the part an inventory part in my database?
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Non-Inventory Parts Tracking

Post by Silky7 »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Yes, you can track sales data for specific non-inventory parts. Under Reports, go to the Management tab, and look for the Part Number Search report.
M1 Product Manager
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

If not using inventory items, you'd likely be reviewing Materials Used reports which is everything you sell, in summary or detail form. It's all there but it's a lot to wade through.

As far as ordering and receiving catalog parts, I believe you're first made aware of cost differences when ordering, without seeing the inventory record, you'd not notice anything different at that time. However, there is an opportunity to update the part cost during the item receive process. As you receive a part, you'd look at the cost on vendor's invoice and compare it to the cost shown in the Receive and Confirm window below. If the cost is different, you'd enter it then and there to update your inventory record.
Receive.png
Receive.png (66.07 KiB) Viewed 4303 times
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
jhenry

Post by jhenry »

At the risk of sounding completely stupid after using Manager SE for the past 15 years, I have never seen that particular screen shot when receiving parts....
What am I missing here???
Cory
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by Cory »

jhenry wrote:At the risk of sounding completely stupid after using Manager SE for the past 15 years, I have never seen that particular screen shot when receiving parts....
What am I missing here???
Same
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Post by Pauls Automotive »

When you go into the POs and select one and double click it , it will open up a receive part to invoice or inventory screen. When you choose to receive it to either it will open up the parts window where you can double check the price and quantity before reviewing it.
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU

Return to “Parts + Ordering”