Part Sold Still Show in Inventory?

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
MURRI513
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Part Sold Still Show in Inventory?

Post by MURRI513 »

We special ordered 2 spreaders last January $7500 each for a customer. I did a manual purchase order when they arrived, put them into inventory. They were sold, paid and posted like normal. They are still showing on my inventory. When I run a part number search, it shows they were sold. So I can show how they came in & went out for the numbers guy, but my inventory is $15k over. We no longer inventory everything we purchase, just put it directly on the repair order. Anybody have any ideas how this happened?
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Part Sold Still Show in Inventory?

Post by ricmorin »

What you don't mention is how these parts were placed on the RO. Sounds like a similar part was sold and not the exact part in inventory. In any event, this sounds like a job for.........

SPECIAL ORDER MAN!

Yup, Special Order. Skip the inventory altogether and create a special order for these items. Receive them directly to the order with the customers name. No questions. Easy Peasy.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
MURRI513

Re: Part Sold Still Show in Inventory?

Post by MURRI513 »

That would have worked. Unfortunately we weren't using special order back then, I was manually writing purchase orders then applying to RO. We have taught ourselves much better we now write purchase orders through pick list. Thanks for the feedback Ric.

Return to “Parts + Ordering”