Update RO Parts Cost When Receiving Parts

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
Cory
100 Club: Active Contributor

Update RO Parts Cost When Receiving Parts

Post by Cory »

Sometimes our vendors adjust prices lower on parts for us without us knowing about it until after the customer has already been billed out. I'm looking for a feature that when you close the purchase orders and adjust the prices, it will automatically adjust the cost in the RO that those parts were ordered for, without adjusting the sell price, even if the ticket is closed. This will help to keep our profits and costs in line and help to show on all reports in Mitchell.

Currently, if we have an invoice where the cost is lower, we update the PO, then un-post the invoice, update the cost, the close the invoice again.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Update RO Parts Cost When Receiving Parts

Post by ricmorin »

Purchase Orders should be updated and closed while the order is open. This is how the program is designed to work and will solve all your problems if processed in this manner.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Cory

Post by Cory »

ricmorin wrote:Purchase Orders should be updated and closed while the order is open. This is how the program is designed to work and will solve all your problems if processed in this manner.
Even when performed that way, you still have to update the pricing in two areas. So I think my request would still be valid.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Cory wrote:
ricmorin wrote:Purchase Orders should be updated and closed while the order is open. This is how the program is designed to work and will solve all your problems if processed in this manner.
Even when performed that way, you still have to update the pricing in two areas. So I think my request would still be valid.
No you don't. If you update the cost when receiving a part through a purchase order, the updated cost is transferred to the Order. That's the whole reason for having that ability. The SELL price remain unaffected, just as you wanted.

Try it and see for yourself. It works! :D
603-622-6434 x203

Cory

Post by Cory »

I found out why mine wasn't working. When receiving parts the box for "Receive parts to appropriate work orders" was not checked. Now it works as it should.

But I would like it to be able to update a closed order too.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Ah yes Those little check boxes can easily be missed. I've offended on more than one occasion. Glad it's working now.

Tim may chime in, but I'm inclined to think that Mitchell1 would be reluctant to introduce programming that would change a posted invoice (without unposting), unless there were a huge demand for it.
603-622-6434 x203

Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

ricmorin wrote: Tim may chime in, but I'm inclined to think that Mitchell1 would be reluctant to introduce programming that would change a posted invoice (without unposting), unless there were a huge demand for it.
This is absolutely correct. We will never automatically change historical records for any reason. Sorry, Cory, but hopefully the receiving works for you moving forward and you won't have need to modify many historical records.
M1 Product Manager

Return to “Parts + Ordering”