Receiving PO's from Bumper to Bumper

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
KarShop1

Receiving PO's from Bumper to Bumper

Post by KarShop1 »

When we get invoices from Bumper to Bumper (only Bumper to Bumper) it has a vehicle written on it that does not match the vehicle on the R.O. We are pretty sure it displays the vehicle year, make & model for the last vehicle we looked up parts for instead of the vehicle that matches the R.O. the parts were ordered for. Has anyone else ran into this situation?
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Receiving PO's from Bumper to Bumper

Post by ricmorin »

Hmmm. I don't have that protocol so I cannot confirm. It's never been brought up here that I recall. Sounds like a possible programming issue on their side. Others hopefully will chime in.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

I have noticed that in the past. We don't use Bumper to Bumper a lot.

I do know that using the aesServer right through Manager that PO information shows up about 25% of the time.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Post by GUTHTIRE »

KarShop1 wrote:When we get invoices from Bumper to Bumper (only Bumper to Bumper) it has a vehicle written on it that does not match the vehicle on the R.O. We are pretty sure it displays the vehicle year, make & model for the last vehicle we looked up parts for instead of the vehicle that matches the R.O. the parts were ordered for. Has anyone else ran into this situation?
We use Bumper to Bumper often. Hadn't noticed the issue that you mentioned. I randomly tried 5 or 6 RO's and they all matched up. Maybe it's VIN specific? I'm willing to test a specific VIN #.
Dan
KarShop1

Post by KarShop1 »

Try looking up parts for any specific vehicle from within a RO. Transfer the parts to the ticket but do not order them. No go to any other open RO. Look up some parts, transfer them to that ticket but do not order them. Now go back to the first RO and order the parts. This is when it will show the vehicle information for the second RO on the First RO invoice from Bumper to Bumper.

Return to “Parts + Ordering”