NEXPART Re-Stock Inventory Order?

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
blawyer41

Post by blawyer41 »

We have recently added a vendor Nexpart to our system that we get inventory parts from. Is there a way to open Nexpart without going through a customers work order, or quote or estimate?
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Re: NEXPART Re-Stock Inventory Order?

Post by Rich »

If the parts are in inventory try and see if this is what your looking for.

Open the PO tab, (like your going to post/close a PO), top right corner look for "restock from inventory", click on that, Select vendor.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Post by Pauls Automotive »

You can order parts through the PO system. Go to PO's at the top tool bar. Then click add at the bottom . Select the vendor and you can creat a PO from there. You just have to know the part number and other info and you can order what you want without an invoice. You can also click "Restock from Inventory" to do you inventory items. I hope that is what you are looking for.
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
blawyer41

Post by blawyer41 »

i'm familiar with that to create the PO, but does that give me the option to link to the NEXPART to order from the vendor? The only way I have found to access the NEXPART link is when you're in a repair order, quote or estimate.
blawyer41

Post by blawyer41 »

Ok, I think by doing the restock from inventory, then price check and then order parts did it. I will call the vendor to see if it went thru. Thanks everyone!
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

FWIW - it's Nexpart not Nextpart. :wink:

There are over 100+ videos for Manager SE - here is Re-Stock From Inventory: https://youtu.be/ZqXdbj1B1-s
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ambertsi
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by ambertsi »

Purchase orders --> Re-Stock from Inventory --> Price Check --> Order Parts is the correct sequence. Once you've done that, you should see information on the PO Worksheet regarding the order status from the vendor. The status should update throughout the process as the vendor gets the order ready for pick up/delivery.

Although this won't allow you to physically view their catalog, it should still send them the information they need to process the order, as long as the part is in Inventory and meets the parameters for the ReStock from Inventory function. As far as I know, the only way to view the catalog specifically from Mitchell is on an EST/RO/INV.

I would like to be able to access them from Mitchell without being in an EST/RO/INV just to look at common items that we'd like to order for stocking in Inventory or price those parts to determine if we'd like to add them to Inventory. It would be helpful to just be able to create a general PO from the catalog from the site as well for common items like that. Catalog --> Transfer to PO --> Price Check/Order This way, when you make the item an inventory part, all information about the part is automatically entered and all you have to do is set re-order/stocking quantities (if wanted).

I just think that would be faster and more efficient than Browser --> Vendor Website --> Manually add to Inventory (Part #, Vendor, Manufacturer, Description, Re-Order/Stocking qty, etc) to make the item fit the parameters for the ReStock from Inventory --> Go to ReStock from Inventory --> Price and order part
Amber McKinley
Manager
Diesel Maintenance, Repair & Performance
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

I'm thinking the inventory part sales and materials used reports would inform the establishment or adjustment of stocking levels according to actual sales activity.

We used to have a lesser version of Manager SE (w/o Inventory + PO features) and we suggested they use a dummy estimate or order, perhaps named as 'Order, Stock' to serve as a placeholder for transferred popular parts could be ordered from catalogs. In your instance, it could serve in the same way; browse, transfer and determine if any/all become stocking 'inventory' parts.

Just trying to get you to what you're looking for today as this has not been a routine request.

Thank you for all your recent forum contributions!
Tim McDonnell -
ambertsi
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by ambertsi »

timbre4 wrote:I'm thinking the inventory part sales and materials used reports would inform the establishment or adjustment of stocking levels according to actual sales activity.

We used to have a lesser version of Manager SE (w/o Inventory + PO features) and we suggested they use a dummy estimate or order, perhaps named as 'Order, Stock' to serve as a placeholder for transferred popular parts could be ordered from catalogs. In your instance, it could serve in the same way; browse, transfer and determine if any/all become stocking 'inventory' parts.

Just trying to get you to what you're looking for today as this has not been a routine request.

Thank you for all your recent forum contributions!
I'm very familiar with the dummy order! We use one for employee purchases and we have a customer named "Employee Practice" to train with and to test new features.
Amber McKinley
Manager
Diesel Maintenance, Repair & Performance
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

ambertsi wrote:
timbre4 wrote: Thank you for all your recent forum contributions!
I'm very familiar with the dummy order! We use one for employee purchases and we have a customer named "Employee Practice" to train with and to test new features.
LOL! Nice :lol:
Tim McDonnell -

Return to “Parts + Ordering”