OReily Catalog Issue

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

OReily Catalog Issue

Post by ricmorin »

We have experienced the wrong parts from this catalog recently, especially where we get a part for the rear when we want the front. Everyone swears they knew what they wanted and chose the correct attribute. Today it happened to me and I discovered why.

Take a look at this attribute screenshot.
or.png
or.png (27.19 KiB) Viewed 3487 times
When this window first opens, there is a box around 'front'. I discovered that the program makes it possible to highlight and click 'rear' while this box is still present. Furthermore, the highlight change is so subtle it's barely noticeable. The pointer did not show in this capture, but it's one pixel below 'front' and actually engaging 'rear'. If you're busy like most shops, you never realize you're getting the wrong part until it arrives.

Please pass this on to those who can make the needed adjustments. If support wants to remote in I can show them in real time.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: OReily Catalog Issue

Post by Silky7 »

Passed on and the First Call Online development team is investigating the issue.
M1 Product Manager
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

Good to know. We have had O'reillys in our system for three years, it doesn't work. They (NOT Mitchell) have known for those three years it doesn't and they don't care to fix it. So I don't have this problem..... :twisted:
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
nickscarcare
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by nickscarcare »

I use that catalog many times a day and don't have issues. The highlight, yes you just have to watch to make sure it changes.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

We're probably in that catalog 50 times a day and have been so for many years. This has occurred maybe 3-4 times out of those but we've never known why until now. After looking closely at the behavior in that catalog, this issue can easily be corrected so it never happens. If it has never happened for you, that's great. It doesn't change the fact that the programming is predisposed to easily make this mistake and should be corrected.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “Parts + Ordering”