Inventory

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
nessautosales

Inventory

Post by nessautosales »

We've been on Mitchel since 2005 and I want to clean up the inventory reports to be able to do a good inventory. Currently if I print the inventory report it's over 6000 pages long. I want to have the office delete the old part numbers. What does this do to the old invoices if we would happen to look at that invoice for some reason? Is the part off of it. Or is it "Locked in" to the invoice.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Inventory

Post by Silky7 »

Hello,

Deleting old inventory will not impact old invoices. The part numbers and invoice specifics are stored separately from the Inventory counts/order levels/etc. Short version: Yes, it sounds like a good idea to start purging old inventory. :)
M1 Product Manager
nessautosales

Post by nessautosales »

Thanks, is there any way you know of to purge parts older than a certain date or parts not currently in stock. We can manually do it...but if there was a way to automatically do it that would be great.
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

There may be a way to do a mass delete, but I am sure that is something that Tech Support has to do. I'd not be brave enough to do it myself, and would make sure you have a good back up.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Sorry, there isn't a way to purge by age in the application. However, there are certainly some shortcuts/tips to quickly deleting a large number of records. Tech Support should be able to demonstrate these for you.
M1 Product Manager

Return to “Parts + Ordering”