Non-Inventory Part Charge

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
ShopManTim
100 Club: Active Contributor

Non-Inventory Part Charge

Post by ShopManTim »

At the risk of exposing my ignorance, I am looking for a way to list non-inventory parts and then track them. Is there any way to do this? As an example, when I do an air conditioning job, I typically like to charge for the dye and oil that is used however, the physical amount is not always the same for every vehicle. So, I'd like to simply put a non-inventory charge there of say $14.94 for Dye & Oil. What is the best way for me to do that? I have several other charges like that.
Enjoying Life as Our Maker Designed - Wrenching to pay the bills
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Non-Inventory Part Charge

Post by Silky7 »

Hello,

You can manually add a part for dye/oil or anything else you don't actually have an inventory record for. Then you can use a combination of the Materials Used reports and Part Number Search (both under Management reports) to show how many times you've used a particular part.
M1 Product Manager
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Additionally, if you have a canned job for your air conditioning work, you can add that 'part' to your job so it gets added every time.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

Silky7 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:32 am
Hello,

You can manually add a part for dye/oil or anything else you don't actually have an inventory record for. Then you can use a combination of the Materials Used reports and Part Number Search (both under Management reports) to show how many times you've used a particular part.
That is what I'd like to be able to do. So, just so I understand the process, what I can do is to add say, Dye & Oil the same way I would add any inventory part? And then I could also get a report as I wanted?
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

That is correct. Manual entry does meaning manually filling out the fields though. You might ultimately find it more convenient to make an inventory record (sounds like you'll use it often enough).
M1 Product Manager
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

Silky7 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:31 am
That is correct. Manual entry does meaning manually filling out the fields though. You might ultimately find it more convenient to make an inventory record (sounds like you'll use it often enough).
You've given me the info I was looking for. Many thanks!
tanyah
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by tanyah »

Another option would be to add a canned job for "dye & OIl". There is a report that will tell you how many times the job was used.

Return to “Parts + Ordering”