When Inventory is Removed

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
ShopManTim
100 Club: Active Contributor

When Inventory is Removed

Post by ShopManTim »

Lets say that I'm changing oil & filter on a vehicle. So, I use oil and filter out of my inventory. Currently the only way it gets taken out of inventory is when the invoice is posted and printed. Is there any way I can change this so that as soon as I enter an inventory part on the work order it is taken out of inventory?
Enjoying Life as Our Maker Designed - Wrenching to pay the bills
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: When Inventory is Removed

Post by timbre4 »

Inventory parts are actually subtracted from stock levels when the R.O. (part committed) is converted to an Invoice (part confirmed). While there is no setting to skip the committed part status, there is a checkbox option to confirm a part early. After you click Done, the QOH is reduced by the quantity committed - in this example it's 2 units.

This feature can be useful for certain fast-moving items in a multiple service advisor environment. Not having heard this before, please advise what is driving this request to make that default?
inv1.png
inv1.png (31.27 KiB) Viewed 2747 times
inv2.png
inv2.png (29.73 KiB) Viewed 2747 times
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

timbre4 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:39 am
Not having heard this before, please advise what is driving this request to make that default?
Here in our shop it is a very fast paced operation with high demand. In the interest of efficiency and profitability, I as service manager need to know exactly what is in inventory. With parts so readily available, as in under 1/2 hr, it is not necessary that I stock multiples of the same part number. The issue is that sometimes and for whatever reason, an invoice may not get printed immediately as soon as a job is finished so I am not aware that a particular part may not be on the shelf at the moment. Also, we do have more than myself that makes out r/o's.

One thing I see, from your prior post is that if I convert an r/o to an invoice, it posts the used inventory part. That awareness will help. Thanks.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

We have some jobs that span multiple days, and therefore would not benefit from an invoice conversion since it's still in progress. My SA is instructed to review any carry-over work and commit and actually-installed part manually so my inventory will show correctly.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

ricmorin wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:41 pm
We have some jobs that span multiple days, and therefore would not benefit from an invoice conversion since it's still in progress. My SA is instructed to review any carry-over work and commit and actually-installed part manually so my inventory will show correctly.
In doing some more poking around, I saw how I too can commit inventory to a R/O and it keeps inventory accurate. Thanks for the help.

Return to “Parts + Ordering”