Inventory Parts

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
Prestige1
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Inventory Parts

Post by Prestige1 »

So I got a question today from one of the owners of our shop. We were wondering if there was a way to keep an inventory item still listed, but mark it as inactive. Right now we just right (inactive) behind the part number. But we were not sure if there was an easier way to do this? I didn't see any options or anything, but knowing my luck I might have been missing something some where.
Christina
Office Assistant | Prestige Automotive LLC
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Re: Inventory Parts

Post by Rich »

Not sure this is any better than what you have already done.

I have some filter we use to stock, but we sell them maybe once a year now. I wanted to keep pricing in system but needed a reminder to not order them on a Stock order. In the inventory i added "DO NOT RESTOCK" where "size" is listed.

You can easily see it on all of the parts windows
Attachments
DNRM1.jpg
DNRM1.jpg (33.72 KiB) Viewed 2823 times
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

There is no official methodology for marking an inventory item as inactive. Plenty of workarounds like yours and Rich's. For me, simply having zero stocking quantity is good enough, but I inventory everything I buy.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Prestige1
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by Prestige1 »

I'll have to keep that in mind and pitch that to the owner thanks Rich. I might end up doing that also along with the inactive on the part #, depending on the item.

Yeah, I'm still trying to swim my way through getting all their inventory in their system compared to what is on the shelf. They have ALOT of items they sell here and there by request of customer ( IE specific oil, grease, etc.) that I don't want to have to worry about when doing ordering or trying to figure out what all needs to be inventoried still (I have 33 pages so far of stuff that still needs inventoried..... and that is not including what is in the upstairs portion of the parts room that is still not in their system yet.....) and now with trying to switch vendors from one to strictly this other one, being able to find a way to mark certain things as inactive or not stocked or what ever would be an amazing time saver lol
Christina
Office Assistant | Prestige Automotive LLC
Rich

Post by Rich »

The only advantage I see doing it "my way" is that if you need to order the part, the "real part number" is not contaminated with information.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.

Return to “Parts + Ordering”