Sort Vendor to be Listed 1st Under Button?

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Sort Vendor to be Listed 1st Under Button?

Post by sbebenelli »

Is there a way to have IWI be the 1st vendor on the list. It always puts US Autoforce 1st. We use IWI all the time.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-11-15 12.46.58.jpg
Screenshot 2021-11-15 12.46.58.jpg (18.63 KiB) Viewed 4008 times
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Sort Vendor to be Listed 1st Under Button?

Post by ricmorin »

I believe it's sorted by date of inclusion. That said, you could try unlinking US Autoforce then relinking. I've never tried that, though.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
sbebenelli

Post by sbebenelli »

I tried that and it didn't work. I wonder if we need to delete the vender completely to change the order. This is something I assume we should not do.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Not sure I would go to that length to change the order. Might cause issues with PO history.

Silky would know for sure how that list is ordered.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

The default sort is by Vendor ID, which is established as the order of creation for the vendor.

If you have no inventory records tied to the US Autoforce vendor, there really shouldn't be in harm in removing it. However, I'd personally just unlink the catalog from that vendor, and make a new vendor for USAF - just in case. That way nothing is lost.
M1 Product Manager
sbebenelli

Post by sbebenelli »

Silky7 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:31 pm
The default sort is by Vendor ID, which is established as the order of creation for the vendor.

If you have no inventory records tied to the US Autoforce vendor, there really shouldn't be in harm in removing it. However, I'd personally just unlink the catalog from that vendor, and make a new vendor for USAF - just in case. That way nothing is lost.
Good idea. I'll do that.

Would it be possible to have the last vender used to be the 1st on the list in a future update? That seems like a good way for this to work.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

sbebenelli wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:40 pm
Silky7 wrote:

Would it be possible to have the last vender used to be the 1st on the list in a future update? That seems like a good way for this to work.
The way it works today, the only easy options are by VendorID, Code, or Name. Alphabetical order would have worked for you in this scenario, but it could be the reverse.

I think ultimately this will be a self-solving problem, as we move into the model where you'll launch the catalog, then simply be shopping from all your suppliers.
M1 Product Manager
murraymotive
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by murraymotive »

Silky7 wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:31 pm
sbebenelli wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:40 pm
Silky7 wrote:

The way it works today, the only easy options are by VendorID, Code, or Name. Alphabetical order would have worked for you in this scenario, but it could be the reverse.

I think ultimately this will be a self-solving problem, as we move into the model where you'll launch the catalog, then simply be shopping from all your suppliers.
Buyer's Hub Nov' 21, yea?? :D :D
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Not quite that soon; but I'm hopeful we'll be able to get it worked out before too long. :wink:
M1 Product Manager

Return to “Parts + Ordering”