ePart Not Working Since 8.5.0.2 Update

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
IsaacsGarage

ePart Not Working Since 8.5.0.2 Update

Post by IsaacsGarage »

Since running the shop management update ePart is not working. It goes into my vendor correctly and I can search a part but when I click on an actual part (ex. Oil Filter) it does nothing. I have rebooted software and computer and still nothing. Is this an ePart issue or Shop Management?
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: ePart Not Working Since 8.5.0.2 Update

Post by megoff »

This is an issue with the catalog site, we are working with ePart to get this resolved on their side.
M1 Product Manager
IsaacsGarage

Post by IsaacsGarage »

Thanks-my vendor just told me the same thing!
IsaacsGarage

Post by IsaacsGarage »

Any update to this? ePart works fine when using through a browser but still doesn't work correctly when going through TeamWorks. When you click on a part category it just does nothing. Again, not sure if this is ePart or a Mitchell thing but it does work outside of TW.
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

We have not gotten any further updates about this issue. We are still working with ePart to get this resolved. We do not have an ETA just yet for this correction, but once it's fixed it will just start working. No update will be required.
M1 Product Manager
ShopManTim
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by ShopManTim »

IsaacsGarage wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:22 am
ePart works fine when using through a browser but still doesn't work correctly when going through TeamWorks. When you click on a part category it just does nothing. Again, not sure if this is ePart or a Mitchell thing but it does work outside of TW.
Yea, same thing with us. Ya know, at the risk of appearing critical, I wonder how much usage is given to an update before it is released? We very seldom have had any issues with updates but this last one !!!???<<<>>>@@@###$$$%%%&&& is frustrating.
Enjoying Life as Our Maker Designed - Wrenching to pay the bills
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

ShopManTim wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:47 am
IsaacsGarage wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:22 am
ePart works fine when using through a browser but still doesn't work correctly when going through TeamWorks. When you click on a part category it just does nothing. Again, not sure if this is ePart or a Mitchell thing but it does work outside of TW.
Yea, same thing with us. Ya know, at the risk of appearing critical, I wonder how much usage is given to an update before it is released? We very seldom have had any issues with updates but this last one !!!???<<<>>>@@@###$$$%%%&&& is frustrating.
This issue is strictly with the catalog and not with this release of Manager SE itself.

Please know that we go through several layers of QA and testing before a release is declared ready. Most Manager SE releases are not BIG moving rocks as this one does; some of this is new territory (old WIP was solid, familiar yet limited so we changed it out for new grid altogether) and testing parameters are expanded from what we discover.

Thanks for your patience.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
IsaacsGarage

Post by IsaacsGarage »

Anyone get this working yet? I have been unsuccessful getting my ePart vendor (Berrodin) to give me any info. I tried contacting ePart via Autologue (the company behind it) and no answer. Again-ePart works perfectly fine outside of Mitchell using a web browser but not within Mitchell. We have to transfer every part manually into the software-this is getting old and I am lazy!!
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

IsaacsGarage wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:25 am
Anyone get this working yet? I have been unsuccessful getting my ePart vendor (Berrodin) to give me any info. I tried contacting ePart via Autologue (the company behind it) and no answer. Again-ePart works perfectly fine outside of Mitchell using a web browser but not within Mitchell. We have to transfer every part manually into the software-this is getting old and I am lazy!!
Completely understand this can be frustrating especially after using the catalog for so long. At the current time we've identified the issue is with the site that ePart is sending back when using the catalog link. We've informed ePart of the issue and are awaiting for them to correct the catalog on their side. Until the site is fixed on their side the catalog will not work.
M1 Product Manager
IsaacsGarage

Post by IsaacsGarage »

I just heard from my local rep that if you are using ePart NOT to do the update-there is some kind of issue going on between the 2 companies (not sure which 2 though...)
Is there a way to roll back the update to the previous version?
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

Unfortunately there is no way to roll back the version once updated. We do understand that this causes a major inconvenience if this your main catalog to order parts. We are not trying to trying to point fingers for this issue or any other issue. We spent about a month plus working to help identify the issue with the catalog. We have identified the issue as an error on the site being displayed through the catalog within SE. As we do not control the site being displayed we need to have ePart address the issue so the catalog can start working again. We have a number of catalogs that are currently working with the same technology.

As this is not an ideal situation as there are many features in this latest update that we would suggest updating due to those features being introduced with the latest release.
M1 Product Manager
IsaacsGarage

Post by IsaacsGarage »

Thanks and definitely NOT pointing the fingers at you guys-I know it's eParts issue!
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Autologue has reported the issue is now resolved and ePart should work in 8.5.x.
M1 Product Manager

Return to “Parts + Ordering”