Know Who Vender is using PartsTech in History

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Know Who Vender is using PartsTech in History

Post by sbebenelli »

How do I see who I bought the part from when ordering through PartsTech when looking at customer history? I called tech support hoping to get some training on what I'm doing wrong and she honestly didn't know anything about it. I had her log into my computer to show her and I was told to use the catalog for each specific parts store so it would show it. I kinda got the feeling she had never heard of or seen PartsTech until I showed her.

I'll be the first to say I do not utilize or use manager like I probably should. We are a small 2 person shop and when we first started with manager we did not have the version with inventory so we have never used that even after they started including it for everyone years back. We do not use the PO button at the top and I know nothing about what it does. So I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if this is how it is and something needs improved with manager.

An example of what I'm talking about below.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-02-08 161353.png
Screenshot 2023-02-08 161353.png (29.28 KiB) Viewed 1991 times
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Know Who Vender is using PartsTech in History

Post by megoff »

sbebenelli wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:40 pm
How do I see who I bought the part from when ordering through PartsTech when looking at customer history? I called tech support hoping to get some training on what I'm doing wrong and she honestly didn't know anything about it. I had her log into my computer to show her and I was told to use the catalog for each specific parts store so it would show it. I kinda got the feeling she had never heard of or seen PartsTech until I showed her.

I'll be the first to say I do not utilize or use manager like I probably should. We are a small 2 person shop and when we first started with manager we did not have the version with inventory so we have never used that even after they started including it for everyone years back. We do not use the PO button at the top and I know nothing about what it does. So I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if this is how it is and something needs improved with manager.

An example of what I'm talking about below.
I looked at the call history for the account and you did in-fact talk to one of the newer agents we have on the phones. We'll make sure they get a little more training on multi supplier catalogs.

As for finding out which supplier the parts came from at this current time you'll need to use the PO reports as they will display the supplier on the report. The line items currently will display the "Vendor" which is the primary vendor you setup (in your instance PartsTech). Another way to tell is the "Added From" and "Purchased From" fields on teh order as it will display the vendor and supplier on the order.
M1 Product Manager
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Here is a new blog post published last week that provides details + PO report samples about the adjustments made to accommodate multiple suppliers under partsTech and Nexpart Multi-Seller.
https://mitchell1.com/shopconnection/ma ... suppliers/

Also, here are some videos to get an overview of the purchase order process:
Purchase Order - Automatic http://youtu.be/VXcLJlzC-Dk
Purchase Order Screen http://youtu.be/_o5hpRWimts
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
chris.corlee

Post by chris.corlee »

In the "Part Item - View" we always update the vendor field and post the vendor invoice number so we have it in history regardless of how part was sourced. Also, in Vendor configurations, I have prefixed my top vendors with a numeral. For instance- 1AutoZone, 2O'Reilly, etc. so when I am in that field, I can quickly change to proper vendor by simply tapping 1 numeral. Hope this helps. By the way, our vendors are often amazed when we call to get a lifetime part warrantied and tell them "Yeah, we bought that on January 15, 2009 on your invoice # xxxxxx."
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

chris.corlee wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:19 am
In the "Part Item - View" we always update the vendor field and post the vendor invoice number so we have it in history regardless of how part was sourced. Also, in Vendor configurations, I have prefixed my top vendors with a numeral. For instance- 1AutoZone, 2O'Reilly, etc. so when I am in that field, I can quickly change to proper vendor by simply tapping 1 numeral. Hope this helps. By the way, our vendors are often amazed when we call to get a lifetime part warrantied and tell them "Yeah, we bought that on January 15, 2009 on your invoice # xxxxxx."
Good practices! You may be aware already but just in case,;when you open your P.O. to receive parts,
you may enter the Vendor invoice # right there and it will be added to all the parts received at once. :wink:
POvendorINV#.png
POvendorINV#.png (168.19 KiB) Viewed 1937 times
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Parts + Ordering”