parts inventory management

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
ppmac

parts inventory management

Post by ppmac »

I am wondering if there is a way to make the mitchell system indicate that parts are low or zero and that those parts needs to be replenished to fill a work order. also is there a way to have parts billed out on work ordered pull from inventory as soon as they re billed out rather then when the work order is actually closed out??
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: parts inventory management

Post by timbre4 »

ppmac wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:26 am
I am wondering if there is a way to make the mitchell system indicate that parts are low or zero and that those parts needs to be replenished to fill a work order. also is there a way to have parts billed out on work ordered pull from inventory as soon as they re billed out rather then when the work order is actually closed out??
1. If a part record is zero or negative QOH it'll be displayed in red. QOH is visible in the Part Item Edit window as well.
There are 2 reports Low Quantity by part # + Low Quantity by Vendor - these are driven by you stock level + reorder settings in each part record.

2. If you want items removed from inventory prior to Invoice (Confirm) stage, check the Confirm box in Part Item Edit from the RO level.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ShopManTim
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by ShopManTim »

timbre4 wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:34 am
ppmac wrote:
1. If a part record is zero or negative QOH it'll be displayed in red. QOH is visible in the Part Item Edit window as well.
There are 2 reports Low Quantity by part # + Low Quantity by Vendor - these are driven by you stock level + reorder settings in each part record.

2. If you want items removed from inventory prior to Invoice (Confirm) stage, check the Confirm box in Part Item Edit from the RO level.
2 things: (1) if I am starting an estimate, the "Confirmed" box is shaded so it does not give me the option of taking the part off of inventory until the estimate is at least turned over into an invoice. (2) when entering a part number from inventory whether on an estimate or an invoice, it does not tell me how many are there in stock. For myself, I always begin my invoicing journey with an estimate.
Enjoying Life as Our Maker Designed - Wrenching to pay the bills
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

ShopManTim wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:31 am
timbre4 wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:34 am
ppmac wrote:
2 things: (1) if I am starting an estimate, the "Confirmed" box is shaded so it does not give me the option of taking the part off of inventory until the estimate is at least turned over into an invoice. (2) when entering a part number from inventory whether on an estimate or an invoice, it does not tell me how many are there in stock. For myself, I always begin my invoicing journey with an estimate.
1. Estimates are intended for unapproved work; therefore parts have no status YET. The Confirmed checkbox appears for approved work = Repair Order. The act of converting RO to INV includes Confirm status for parts/materials.

2. No, you don't see QOH in Part Item Entry; save it then re-open that item as Part Item Edit and QOH is shown.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Parts + Ordering”