ePart And SE 6.4 Intergration

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
jeremyfarrell

ePart And SE 6.4 Intergration

Post by jeremyfarrell »

When using E Parts with my parts Vendor, I transfer my parts list from the E parts site, from there it sends me into the Mitchell software where I click parts ordering. I then can follow the instructions and submit my parts order. Vendor receives it and ships. However it leaves a pending order in my eparts software that I later have to delete. Is there any way to transfer parts and order directly from eparts instead of using the parts ordering feature on Mitchell. Hopefully this makes sense.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: ePart And SE 6.4 Intergration

Post by timbre4 »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.

If I understand this correctly, the interface is working fine. If the ePart webpage itself retains and displays an open order history it would be because the Receive parts / Close PO steps do not transmit anything about that status to any of the catalogs externally.

The role of the interface is to talk to the catalog, allow seletion and transfer a copy of those back into Manager SE and allow price check + parts ordering functions. I would tend to think they (ePart) should be able to clear the slate as each order is successfully marked as shipped. This would be outside our scope.

Worst case, make it a monthly or quarterly task to clear them out of your acct view on their catalog webpage if it's an issue.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
timjlive
200 Club: Major Contributor
200 Club: Major Contributor

Post by timjlive »

Just to add to this. It appears the open order starts at the part transfer stage. I use epart with my main vendor (who rents space in our building). So I use epart to look up parts/pricing/availability and then transfer said parts. When I need the parts I just walk through the door and tell them what I need (I don't use the internal ordering). I have those open orders there if I go into the epart site (which I don't, until I read this post). Even then there are only 32 currently displaying. I personally do not see it as an issue.
Tim L.
Falls Uptown Motors
920-467-2311
jeremyfarrell

Post by jeremyfarrell »

Thanks for the responses guys! I was able to speak with the eParts representative just a bit ago. He is aware of the pending orders issue and said he has brought it up to their programers before and will again. He pretty much told me the same thing you both did. Delete the pending orders periodically since we don't automatically do it.

Return to “Parts + Ordering”