Activant Shopcat?

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
sbcauto
100 Club: Active Contributor

Activant Shopcat?

Post by sbcauto »

I Very Much LikeThe Idea Of Moving TO 6.4. However I'm told That The Activant Shopcat Catologue Will Not Work In 6.4. It Seems To Be A Big Issue For Me As It Is By Far The Best Catologue Out There. Does Anyone Else Have This Issue & Will It Be Available Down The Road?
Bill
Cory

Re: Activant Shopcat?

Post by Cory »

I went through the same thoughts before switching over. We used Shop Cat all the time. But it was very easy to transition to the different catalogs, the only negative is that we have to use two different catalogs for parts and labor now.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your question.

Manager SE is built for internet information and catalogs. Depending on the vendor, they may offer labor option in the catalog. It's the same content just packaged different visually.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
liljoe
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Post by liljoe »

One cool thing is being able to see QOH and current pricing from the catalog itself.....
Working hard to prove the Green Team can do it with the best of 'em.
Always remember: AIN'T NO FREE LUNCHES!!
Am I the Only One?- I don't think I am.
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.
sbcauto

Post by sbcauto »

I Understand That The System Is Built For Internet Base, But Could They Not Do Software Changes To Allow Shopcat To Work? Yes Some Catalogues Do Offer Labour As Well But Each Catalogue Only Works With Their Lines. If They Don't Have Stock, You Have To Look Everthing Up Again On Different Supplers Catalogue. ShopCat Does All Lines For All Suppliers As Well As Labour & Estimating Is 4-5 Times Faster. Just Would Be Nice If Mitchell Would Consider This & Not Just Say Outright NO.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

I used the ShopCat catalog quite a bit in the past. I really got used to it. ShopCat was resident on the server so it was super fast. Too bad, but I'm sure it was one of those things where a decision had to be weighed regarding priorities.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

We hear you, however it's not just Mitchell 1. The industry trend is moving away from discs for repair information and catalogs altogether. The cost of producing discs, supporting updates, coupled with their content's obselescence in a short time tend to force some business decisions.

SE was built anticipating this change in the market. Unlike Manager 5.9 that was the platform throughout the 'disc years', there are no switches or code present to tackle such an undertaking.

Given the development expense involved and market direction it would only serve to postpone the inevitable.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Parts + Ordering”