6.4 Nexpart Part Transfer Problem?

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
BENXDM9

6.4 Nexpart Part Transfer Problem?

Post by BENXDM9 »

I am having issues with nexpart.

The first is that I have to re type my username and password everytime I log in. Even if I hit save. Second I can look up parts but I cannot transfer or order them. The transfer button is grey. I have seen where others have had this problem but later they say theirs started to work. Any Ideas?

I updated catalog and also tried to uninstall then re-install link again. Still no changes.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 6.4 Nexpart Part Transfer Problem?

Post by steven kiser »

It's happened to me a few times and it's been a vendor issue. Not saying it's your problem but every time mine crashes it's been a vendor issue. A few of my suppliers have up dated their systems and i needed to have them straighten out mine.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

It is likely on the vendor side; is this still an issue?
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
BENXDM9

Post by BENXDM9 »

Yes. Still have these problems using nexpart. I believe it is on their end. They are just not doing anything about it. So I either get parts from a different vendor or phone my order in. Kind of a pain because the have great exhaust cataloging that would be nice just to transfer over instead of typing parts in manually.
kingwoodshell
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by kingwoodshell »

I have to agree. I usually call my vender to see if they are having issues when this happens. They sometimes say "No we're not, oh wait a minute, yep we are". You've probably got this figured out by now, but thought I'd chime in.
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

The issue of having to call in parts because the vendor system is having an issue and they're not resolving it is in my opinion unacceptable. It's like a person bringing their vehicle into your shop for work and you have to borrow the tools to repair it from the customer.
Looking up parts is a science now. You're a technician not a parts jockey and having the tools to do it is a must. Many times i can't find a part in my vendors listings so i open the oem option i have in mitchell, either pick it out of the part list or diagram, copy the part number, paste the number onto my vendor page and the part shows up. Sometimes it's a wording issue while others i really don't know. Again i'm going to point out that the issue of the part supplier not repairing the issue makes no sense. I make it my job to make sure i have every option available to order the correct parts. How many times have we waited all day for a part only to have it be incorrect and after digging and digging we find another number that is on the shelf at the parts store and it's correct. I look a every angle and option. If i'm ordering a part and there are options and i can't narrow it down i order multiple parts to cover myself. Pictures are worth a thousand words. I've ordered brake pads before from multiple option listings and they have been incorrect. Looking it up again i order the other option, wait two hours and find they will not work either. Scratch my head and after a bit find out that the original pads were boxed incorrectly. Looking up parts is very important and necessary tools must be available.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Parts + Ordering”