Need "vendor" on inventory parts

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
crabtree1

Need "vendor" on inventory parts

Post by crabtree1 »

We might be missing something here. We have SE but not the inventory module as we only have about 100 parts that we have to stock. These parts come up on the PARTS BY VENDOR REPORT as unknown because there isn't a place to put a "vendor" on our "add inventory" parts screen. I find it hard to believe that there isn't a place for a vendor on inventory parts so I must be missing something.
EdgarB

Re: Need "vendor" on inventory parts

Post by EdgarB »

You are correct. There is no section under parts list to add a VENDOR to a part. This report actually should be moved to the program with the Inventory module. I will request the report to be looked into further.
JCADan

Post by JCADan »

Are there any updates on this issue? We use ATF as our part # for bulk transmission fluid and get tired of having to manually put in the vendor each time. We would rather it just be saved with the inventory parts list so that everything comes up when i type in ATF <TAB>
Dan Pedroza
Eagle Transmission
Pflugerville, TX
crabtree1

Post by crabtree1 »

still waiting for a vendor spot on the inventory input for our SE6 without the inventory module
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

JCADan wrote:Are there any updates on this issue? We use ATF as our part # for bulk transmission fluid and get tired of having to manually put in the vendor each time. We would rather it just be saved with the inventory parts list so that everything comes up when i type in ATF <TAB>
What version are you using? The Part Code feature can auto-fill Category & Vendor fields every time you type ATF. Go to Setup - Standard Descriptions, Part Code tab to edit ATF entry or to add it.
Attachments
partcode.jpg
partcode.jpg (57.15 KiB) Viewed 2673 times
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

crabtree1 wrote:still waiting for a vendor spot on the inventory input for our SE6 without the inventory module
As you already know, Manager has a simpler Parts List in lieu of true Inventory and its provisions including Vendor. While 5.9 and SE may look almost identical on the surface, the SE database design underneath is vastly different, such that without the presence of the Inventory table, there is no way to add Vendor to Manager only database.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Parts + Ordering”