Prices Change With Part Transfers?

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
Imperial

Prices Change With Part Transfers?

Post by Imperial »

I am having issues with my price and vendor name changing when I transfer parts. If I tranfer parts previously in inventory it automatically changes them to whatever the inventory says. Is there a way to stop that from happening?

Say I order a part from Vendor A, and a month later I order the same part with the same number from Vendor B. ManagerPlus will change the information back to what ever Vendor A had stored in inventory. A good example, I ordered a set of brake pads on a package deal for $16.99, they actually cost $21.99. So a month goes buy and I order the same pads but no package deal. Long story short, the price got changed back to $16.99 and I lost about $7.50. Is there a way to prevent this? It is tough when I transfer 5 parts to an order, but 2 of them don't have the current pricing or vendor name. I use Borg Warner a lot, those parts really give me the most problems. All my vendors use them; they almost always use the same part number. So far my only solution is to manually go in and delete the item from inventory and then transfer the part again.

Any help will help, thanks.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Prices change with part transfers.

Post by ricmorin »

Welcome to the Forum.

There are a couple of things you could do. If you don't really stock them, you could try removing them from 'Inventory'. Then each item transferred from the electronic catalog would be unique. Another thing is line codes. I have a few vendors that have the same brands but use different line codes. Are the line codes the same too? Also, if you want them in Inventory, you could append the desciption with something that would tell you which vendor that part is from.

If you are using electronic ordering, I've run into an issue where the last price from my inventory part trumps the new price from the vendor upon lookup and transfer. My workaround for this is do a SECOND price check once the part is on your order screen. That updates to the new prices.

HTH
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Imperial

Re: Prices Change With Part Transfers?

Post by Imperial »

Thanks for welcoming me to the forums, thanks for the reply also. It would be nice if there were some type of warning that allows you to choose if you want to use the inventory price or the newly transferred price. Something like "do you want to use inventory pricing, Yes/No ." At any rate, we are just going to purge out the inventory and stop using the receive to inventory option. For the stock it works perfect, but not so much on regular customer orders. Borg Warner was my main issue. All the stores here use BWD as the line code and almost always use the same part number. But you are right though, the best way to resolve this issue is to double check prices before you build the estimate, and then check the main order before you convert it to an invoice. Appreciate the help, I look forward to participating here in the forums more often.

Return to “Parts + Ordering”