Vendor Setup Error?

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
mase

Vendor Setup Error?

Post by mase »

A little history... Yesterday morning my main host computer crashed. I brought a new computer and got shop management 6.4 installed and working. I got my database restored and everything is working fine except every time I try to bring up the Bumper to Bumper catalog, I get a error message saying I need to verify my vendor setup. I then get another message saying an error was detected from the catalog. Now on second computer the catalog works just fine. I have updated Mitchell and all the parts catalogs, I have ran and installed all the window 8 updates. I've gone though the computer since its new and removed all unwanted programs. I have even removed and reinstalled shop manager. I have also called tech support 2 times now and stumped them both times. My new computer is an HP AMD10 processer running windows 8 64bit.

Any ideas?
brother bubba
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Re: Vendor Setup Error?

Post by brother bubba »

hi mace and welcome to the forum. you lost me about line two or three but I'm. sure someone a little more knowledgeable will be along soon. I use bumper to bumper and it acts up on me sometimes.maybe I'll learn something here .......

Measure it with a micrometer, mark it with a piece of chalk, cut it with an axe. Sand it to fit.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

I doubt it's about any other programs or the PC itself. Are the Vendor settings and credentials (username & password) identical between the 2nd PC that works and this one?

I believe you had to run catalog installers to get these buttons to appear; are BOTH PCs using the Auto Value and Bumper to Bumper IAP Catalog OR Bumper to Bumper MyPlaceForParts Catalog? Are they exactly the same on both PCs? If the right catalog installer was not run on the new PC maybe these don't match and that could result in an error.

So when you click on the B2B catalog button it errors immediately OR do you actually get the B2B catalog opened?
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

When my system crashed :x :x I experienced the same thing. The one thing I'm thrilled with is Mitchell in their wisdom automatically saved my back ups and all worked fine. Two of my vendor options were doing what yours is and I called them and had them fix it. My battle cry is "if you want me to purchase you need to make it work". Takes the issue from my hands and puts it in theirs. For me, less is more. I know that there is a combo of buttons on my keyboard that will cause the end of the world so I stay away from anything other than basics. Ya, that reasoning works for me...................
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
mase

Post by mase »

I got the catalogue working. I came in Monday and it was working. The only thing that is different is the clock on my pc is set an hour back. If I change he clock so its correct then the catalogue does not work.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Usually any differences in time zone can impact functionality of some programs. In this case, it is satisfying some unknown condition to operate. Tech support can probably figure that one out.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

I was gone yesterday, i come back to mine saying "please verify your vendor setup" I click "OK" and get "an error was detected from the catalog. Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Some how that make no sense to me. All jibberish. I rebooted and shut off, unplugged and restarted.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Mine is fixed. My flipping clock was off 7 minutes! yah, i know, i wouldn't believe it either. (bang head on desk)
Rich Hays
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

That's one of the nice things about running with a server. We synchronize time on the machines during startup. Glad to hear it's fixed.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Rich

Post by Rich »

Ric, here is what flips me out. I had a three day weekend due to an injury I got at a fire. My system is shut down on friday night. It was turned on monday morning. I am sure sometime during the day it was used, but i am sure no one got in and changed the time. It is like it was looking for a reason to...umm......"upset" me tuesday morning. And it worked. Had i had the ability to function at 100% i may have flipped out and smashed the dam thing. So the Autovalue guy asks me about the time, i laugh, but think how many times have i fixed my "smart phone" by rebooting it. So I set my computer to the same time my phone had and it worked. 7 flipping minutes. My brother writes computer programs, for CHRISTmas i am going to kick him right in the.....um.....knee caps. Just because someone, some where, wants to do to him. Just as a tech would like to kick a car engineer. ok, enough rambling. (i have good drugs!)
Rich Hays
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

You wouldn't think the time has much to do with it, but I'm thinking that the postings of 'order placed' time may have some bearing on this. There's a lot going on behind the scenes that we're insulated from by the GUI.

Weird how it got 'off' in the first place.
603-622-6434 x203

Rich

Post by Rich »

time order placed? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thats is ALWAYS 8:00 AM :evil:
Rich Hays
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Well there's your problem. Your computer is stuck at 8am. :?
603-622-6434 x203

Rich

Post by Rich »

my Po's have said 8:00am as long as i can remember.
Rich Hays
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Fixed in 6.5. :D
M1 Product Manager
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

That will make Rich very happy. We use that order data a lot too. Thank you for all your hard work!
603-622-6434 x203

Rich

Post by Rich »

Actually, that hasn't really bothered me all that much. We have pretty good delivery in this town. Normally if i don't have parts here in 10 to 15 minutes it is because they didn't get ordered. :?
Rich Hays
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

Here is a good one. I've been having issues with my primary vendor claiming a part isn't in stock when I swear it was when I ordered it. I've been a bit distracted lately and just wrote it off as I missed something. Last week I ordered a part and 20 minutes later when I called about it I was told they didn't have it in stock and there was no pick ticket for it. I asked them to do a search on that particular part number and was told one was billed to me about 1/2 an hour ago. So, what happened was the order went to my account and I was billed for it but the store at their level had no record of it and it showed correct on their inventory on the computer screen. I asked for a visual and was told it was on the shelf. All their inventory is automatically adjusted and they get pick tickets in the morning on what parts to take off the shelf and return to the warehouse. So basically what I was told is when the part that I was billed for is replaced the stock boy would just post it as a return when he saw there was one already on the shelf. The inventory of the store would be correct since one was ordered automatically as a restock.
Now I need to personally go back over all my monthly invoices and check for double billing. What really is going to stink is that there are quite a few times we actually order the same part numerous times a day. There are days we order 4 wheel bearings for 3500 G.M. pick ups. It's going to be a long weekend.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
jackgerhart

Post by jackgerhart »

Does anyone know how to get the 'Vendor" name to populate when you import parts from Activant? WOuld be great to know where we pulled the part from (Advanced, O'Rielly, etc.)
Rich

Post by Rich »

Do you mean to have the vender show up on the Part in the RO? where we enter the invoice number from the vender?
Rich Hays

Return to “Parts + Ordering”