Iventory Parts Description

Parts, catalogs, purchase orders, inventory
keterash

Iventory Parts Description

Post by keterash »

I have a customer who was using and is still using Auto 2000 program. In this program she has her parts inventory of transmission parts. This is a transmission rebuild shop first and a general repair shop second. In her inventory on her Auto2000 she can slowly reduce her inventory search to a very small lot of specific parts.How can we set this up? Also the description that comes out on the invoice does not only include the part# and a generic description but it also has a long description of what actual part is EG: 30004h Transpack washer, 04-07 Honda civic 10TEP Transmission steel. Is there a way that we can get this description onto our invoice on each of the parts that are listed in the inventory?
She needs to have this specific description on each part that she enters into inventory.

Keith Terashima
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Iventory Parts Description

Post by steven kiser »

Welcome to the forum. As far as the inventory question goes I have no answer. All mine are just basic as short as possible descriptions and never will I include part #'s unless they're in house #'s that mean nothing to anyone but me. The simple reason is I don't want any of my customers to be able to look up parts by # on line. Happened a few times in the past and it's not going to happen again.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
MRISICH
200 Club: Major Contributor
200 Club: Major Contributor

Re: Iventory Parts Description

Post by MRISICH »

Keith; anything is possible. As long as the content is available in the database it can be printed on the invoice.
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/

Return to “Parts + Ordering”