ProDemand SureTrack Access?

Questions and comments about using ProDemand or ShopKeyPro information modules
gale
50 Club: Regular Contributor

ProDemand SureTrack Access?

Post by gale »

So We upgraded out On demand to Prodemand so if I understand correctly I then should be able to access the Sure track, but all I can do is just preview not access any information (little Confused)

Re: Canadian Cars -- We can get Information on German Cars, Land Rovers etc... but not Canadian Cars, alot of them have no US counterpart , there has to be some way that Mitchell can get this information Baffles me

I'm glad they are working on the Km's and the Collating - is very annoying and paper wasting

Gale
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: ProDemand SureTrack Access?

Post by timbre4 »

When you watch the training for 1Search, you'll see how it returns results for BOTH ProDemand *and* SureTrack results at the same time.

Clicking on SureTrack module is a start; asking for further information. Once you register a SureTrack, you get even more like a dashboard to know what's new, track your own questions and replies, new tips, etc.

Canadian models - different subject but I couldn't split this single post any further. for years now we have covered CDN 'sister' vehicles (identical to US version with different badges) but not all of the CDN only models. I have asked product management for additional clarification.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

As promised, here is some additional information from product management:

"1) As a PD subscriber, you have access to SureTrack. By selecting the SureTrack module, SureTrack opens in a new screen and fills in the YMME from PD. At this point you have “read” access with the ability to search, look at tips, graphs, component test information, etc. To be able to “write” and ask/answer a question in the community, you have to create a profile and login. In the top right of the screen is the link to create a profile, which all PD subscribers are able to do.

2) We’ve added coverage on 80 Canadian Only YMMs in in the past few years. Additionally, if you open Service Manual -> Identification -> Canadian Model Cross Reference, you have a list of all Canadian Models and what they are called in the USA."
Tim McDonnell -
Nick T

Post by Nick T »

As Tim says, with your ProDemand subscription you get full access to SureTrack. You don't need to log into it separately in order to see and search all of the content, including all of the community posts, but you do need to create a user account in order to ask questions, respond to questions, share tips, upload waveforms and follow posts. Consider ProDemand a shop-wide tool like a lift and SureTrack as a technician's tool like a personal toolbox.

Here are a couple posts from the Mitchell 1 blog that will help.

http://www.mitchell1.com/shopconnection ... suretrack/

http://www.mitchell1.com/shopconnection ... wo-logins/
Nick Taylor, SureTrack Community Administrator, OnDemand/ShopKey Live Administrator for Mitchell1
Nick T

Post by Nick T »

By the way, if you or anyone else has issues accessing SureTrack, feel free to contact me directly.

od5admin@mitchell1.com
Nick Taylor, SureTrack Community Administrator, OnDemand/ShopKey Live Administrator for Mitchell1
gale

Post by gale »

Thank you for the info on the Suretrac - got it all set oup and tried it thats much better, now I just have to set up a password for each computer for the Techs

Now I tried going in to find the Canadian Cross over but i must be missing something, I went into Service Manual but do not know how to find Identify, does not day that anywhere

Gale
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

In Service Manual, go to General Information -> Identification -> CANADIAN MODEL CROSS-REFERENCE
Tim McDonnell -
gale

Post by gale »

Thank you again, I finally had time to go back and do some CSI work and Found it Doesn't cover them all but some - better then nothing
Prime Example the Nissan X-Trail - no info

Gale

Return to “Using ProDemand”