Errors in Fluids Section?

Questions and comments about using ProDemand or ShopKeyPro information modules
motley06
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Errors in Fluids Section?

Post by motley06 »

Curious, if I catch an error in the fluid section, how do I report it? I've caught 3 cars that have the wrong type of coolant listed.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Errors in Fluids Section?

Post by timbre4 »

Typically, these are reported directly through the FEEDBACK button in ProDemand. Since you clicked the Fluids button from Manager SE, you weren't presented with that option.

I'm moving this to the ProDemand area as that is what this is about. If you can list the specifics I will pass them on to look into.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

With fluids being so important please post it as soon as you see it. Could save one of us a huge disaster.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Post by Tim Martin »

If I may include what we do. I too have thought that a fluid recommendation and or fluid amount was incorrect. So, what I do is simply consult the OEM website for the proper fluid recommendation. But if we may provide the Mitchell team with feedback where we suspect information may be incorrect, we will do that.

Thanks for the tip.
rhillig
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by rhillig »

Speaking of fluids - 2014 GM 5.3 motors are listed at 8 quarts of 5w20 dexos, but 2015 are listed at 8.5qts & they have a smaller filter too? Anyone else noticed this?
A year from now you will wish you had started TODAY ~ Karen Lamb
motley06

Post by motley06 »

2004 Lexus LS430 - has listed LLC, should be SLLC
2004 Lexus ES330 - has listed LLC, should be SLLC
2004 Lexus GS300 - has listed LLC, should be SLLC
... I think you see the trend. From what I can tell, all Toyota/Lexus/Scion vehicles switched to SLLC from LLC in 2004.
motley06

Post by motley06 »

Might be useful to create a feedback button into the estimator/fluid/maint/parts/labor module where when we notice something wrong, we can click and send feedback immediately
nickscarcare
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by nickscarcare »

I agree, that button should be in the fluids section, I do not have time to go back and forth to different pages to post a problem in one section.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Small problem (big one actually); the access screens from SE are called "intents" (go fetch this data based on my Manager SE vehicle selection). Because this type of data retrieval doesn't include your account information or certain relational access to the YMM or VIN, there is currently no way to simply add the Feedback button seen in native stand-alone ProDemand and have it still report the data back to us.

So it will be necessary to find another way to accomplish this, just wanted you to know it's part of a larger discussion.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
motley06

Post by motley06 »

Makes sense. Have we thought about a feed back button built in to the actual manager application? Vehicle information could be filled in there along with the issue being experienced. That would still be easier than opening up the forum, signing in, creating a new topic about the issue we are seeing, etc. However, it is certainly useful sometimes to see other users post about the same issues you are having and what their solution is. Just some thoughts

Return to “Using ProDemand”