Reporting ProDemand Issues

Questions and comments about using ProDemand or ShopKeyPro information modules
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Reporting ProDemand Issues

Post by ricmorin »

In the old OnDemand5, there used to be a link that one could click to report a problem. That link knew my shop information and knew where I was in the program. All I had to do was type the specifics of the issue and send.

There is no such reporting mechanism now, and I think there should be. Without users reporting errors, the program doesn't get better. Users are NOT going to take the time to click through several links only to fill out a dozen fields to report a problem. We have jobs to do and time is money. Now if it was made very easy to do, then perhaps more people would do it. Our other option is to call product support and light up their phones. Not something the guy I just talked to wants to do.

Please make it easy for users to report a problem within the program. Make a link, have it fill out the shop information (I'm logged in so you know who I am), have it report where I am in the program(you know that too). Finally, drop the cursor right in the field where I can start typing the issue. Please make it easy to help you. A better product helps us. :wink:
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Re: Reporting ProDemand Issues

Post by Tim Martin »

I couldn't agree more. Consequently I second the motion.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

I shared this thread with repair market manager - here's the reply:

"The truth is that we moved the feedback button because it was creating a bad customer service experience for our users. Users were using the feedback button instead of calling into product content support, but then expecting the service level of calling into product content support in terms of immediate response. We made a choice to make the “contact us” button in ProDemand the only choice – dropping a user off in the correct place to send our support groups an email with 24 hour response time."
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Ahhh, too bad. It's disappointing that you've chosen to cater to the lowest common denominator. Most reasonable people would see and heed a simple response warning included in a button like this. Perhaps you'd consider creating a 'report an error' only button to make it a little easier for those of us that want to actually help you make a better product. I see errors and mis-links EVERY day. If I just shrug my shoulders and move on, I'm not doing either one of us any good. You don't get better and I still can't find what I need. :cry:

At least I'm trying.
603-622-6434 x203

timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

ricmorin wrote:Ahhh, too bad. It's disappointing that you've chosen to cater to the lowest common denominator. Most reasonable people would see and heed a simple response warning included in a button like this. Perhaps you'd consider creating a 'report an error' only button to make it a little easier for those of us that want to actually help you make a better product. I see errors and mis-links EVERY day. If I just shrug my shoulders and move on, I'm not doing either one of us any good. You don't get better and I still can't find what I need. :cry:
At least I'm trying.
It was apparently a necessary measure to address the masses' disenchantment with the expectations attached to the current state. I'll share this back to the right people; working together we could come up with some type of solution that encourages the more conscientious users.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Thanks, Tim. I've never been one to sit back and let someone else take care of it. The new layout is very intuitive but some work still needed on linking to the right info. A monumental task I'm sure.
603-622-6434 x203

Return to “Using ProDemand”