Accessing Engine Info

Questions and comments about using ProDemand or ShopKeyPro information modules
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Accessing Engine Info

Post by Tim Martin »

We just recently subscribed to Medium Truck.net and are trying to find the easy ways to navigate in the system. The question is"How do I get service info on a specific engine, say a 3126 Cat engine without going through a specific truck model? We do alot of engine work where the engine is simply brought to us for repairs and have no specific truck partly because the engine will be installed in another vehicle. Transmission service info would be the same. If I want to rebuild a Clark 6 speed that is brought to me, can I quickly get to service info without going through a specific truck model?
wbuxton
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Re: Accessing Engine Info

Post by wbuxton »

I can offer what we do on carry out transmissions. I obtain the "donor" information at time of drop off with customer info. I imagine you will have to enter it in yours like I do but we are not a big truck shop.
Uncle PETA said I could come back.
William
Weatherford, TX
817-599-7680
866-744-3887
http://www.phoenixtrans.com
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

I've made an inquiry to product mgmt however they are out of the office for a few days.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

From product mgmt

"While our products are not component driven. Editorial have added a cheat to the diesel engine in TT. If you pick any Y/M/M (with multiple engines) and follow this path: Engine>Application>Article Beginning. This gives a list of all engines covered in TT and the hyperlink to where we have info."

Choose a 1990 model with multiple engines and you should be able to get to engine links with the path mentioned above.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Tim Martin

Post by Tim Martin »

Thanks for the reply. While the reply I got was somewhat what I expected, I had hoped that there was something I was missing. It's no big deal though.

Thanks again for a great service information product and for the excellent service after the sale. We sure do appreciate it.

Return to “Using ProDemand”