Multiple Figures

Questions and comments about using ProDemand or ShopKeyPro information modules
Mark Still

Multiple Figures

Post by Mark Still »

I would like to see the program fixed so I can open up a wiring diagram and then open up another figure without it closing down my wiring diagram. Not having this function available wastes a lot of valuable time.
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Re: Multiple Figures

Post by Tim Martin »

Welcome to the forum Mark!

Yes, I agree with your request. I have often thought of such a luxury but I figure I can't have everything. But perhaps the powers that be can take a look at this and see if it can become a reality for us. It can be a pain to have to toggle between a wiring diagram and other relavent service info. But I still greatly appreciate the info that is available to us.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Something like wiring diagrams I always print out. You tend to refer back to them several times during a repair.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Tim Martin

Post by Tim Martin »

ricmorin wrote:Something like wiring diagrams I always print out. You tend to refer back to them several times during a repair.
Yea, I tend to do the same but when I am doing some research from Mitchell On Demand is when it would be nice to be able to split the screen and view more than one picture at the same time, at least I think so.
Mark Still

Post by Mark Still »

I do diagnostics using my laptop. I like having all the available tech resources and info in my hand.
Mark Still

Post by Mark Still »

Thanks for the Welcome, Tim
Tim Martin

Post by Tim Martin »

Mark Still wrote:Thanks for the Welcome, Tim
If you are on this forum long enough you will get to know a few of us regulars. Some of us are, well, what should I say. Lets just say there is a variety of guys that you will meet. The head guru is a fellow that goes by the name of steve. There is only one of him that I know of. After he was made, the mold was thrown out. We trade info, stories, and experiences. We learn and teach by what we do the best. So hopefully you can find your slot.
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

oh no, you're not going to single me out. i may be the head nut but that's where it ends. as far as wiring diagrams go i print them out as well. i can see the benefit of a split screen on some applications but diagrams wouldn't be in that category. i would need a screen the size of the one in cowboy stadium :lol: . for that matter, probably being old school i always scribble notes and such on my printouts to keep me in the loop because of interruptions. i try to use all my tech sheets as well as those faxes that pile up when i print out my sheets. saves on the paper........
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Tim Martin

Post by Tim Martin »

Mark Still wrote:I do diagnostics using my laptop. I like having all the available tech resources and info in my hand.
In this business and with the oems somewhat stingy with info, we need all the help we can get for diagnostics. I fail to understand how some guys do this kind of work without service info and modern day tools and diagnostic equipment.
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

chicken bones, dice, prayer candles. :lol: :lol: :lol:
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

As far as info is concerend, I really haven't had many issues. Between the two major providers, I've rarely had to get into the oem sites.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Tim Martin

Post by Tim Martin »

Yea, I can agree with that but in having been into the local dealers and seeing their service info, there is some information that they consider theirs and tend to be somewhat reluctant to part with it. Thankfully I have good friends in the dealers that allow me access to their info, especially when it comes to diagnostic and scan tool data.
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

DITTO HERE...................

Return to “Using ProDemand”