Error Accessing OD5 Parts & Labor Viewer

Questions and comments about using ProDemand or ShopKeyPro information modules
scgms1
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Error Accessing OD5 Parts & Labor Viewer

Post by scgms1 »

Hi All,

After installing the latest update, version 5.9.5.112 on the Manager program, when I access the Parts & Labor Viewer the Manager program freezes. I have to CTRL-ALT-DELETE to close manager and the P&L Viewer. This first occurred 2 weeks ago after installing the update. I placed a call to Mitchell Tech Support and was told that this was on my end. Something with my computer, but the tech would get it straightened out. At that time he removed and reinstalled the program, including the data and all was fine until the computer was turned on Tuesday morning.

A subsequent call was placed this Tuesday, and it was apparent that I wasn't the only one experiencing a problem as the tech said it was on their end. The fix was a lot simpler than uninstalling and reinstalling the programs. The temporary fix is to restart SOMTS in Services. All was fine until this morning and the program froze again. I was at least able to get it up and running again without placing another tech help call. BTW the computer is left on all week, so I'm not sure what caused this "Service" to stop.

My question/complaint is...Is Mitchell working on an actual fix? Looking at the description of SOMTS, it's has to do with the new security measures that were implemented with the update. It's not the end of the world, but it is a pain in the arse. :(
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Error Occurring When Accessing The Parts & Labor Viewer

Post by timbre4 »

I've made an inquiry and will post the findings.

We apologize for any difficulty.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Error Accessing OD5 Parts & Labor Viewer

Post by timbre4 »

The change in security is not due to Manager update; it's for OnDemand5 DVD version 5.8.2 that installs without the previous floppy disc. Tech support confirms the temporary fix and the issue is being studied to find a permanent solution to this unintended side effect.

Ondemand5.com integration, security and access is not affected by this issue.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Using ProDemand”