ProDemand Comments

Questions and comments about using ProDemand or ShopKeyPro information modules
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar

Re: ProDemand Now Available 04-16-2012

Post by Pauls Automotive »

I just got my password for ProDemand but it won't retain my password and username when I log out. Is there something I'm missing?
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: ProDemand Comments

Post by timbre4 »

From HQ: "We thought we had fixed it but it seems to have raised it's head again. I have an issue written up and will have it worked on in the next Sprint (which starts next week)."

FYI - A new build is created every two weeks after a development "sprint".
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

If you already have OnDemand5.com or ShopKey5.com and want to use ProDemand or ShopKeyPro in your shop, visit this page for a free upgrade request: http://www.mitchell1.com/forms/proupgrade.html

PLEASE NOTE: You will retain access to your current OD5.com or SK5.com for purposes of integration with your current 5.9 or 6.4 SE shop management software. Integration between shop management and ProDemand is due this summer. TIP: Keep using OD5.com up front with your Manager software program and allow the techs to use ProDemand as stand-alone in the back.
Tim McDonnell -
Pauls Automotive

Re: ProDemand Now Available 04-16-2012

Post by Pauls Automotive »

Pauls Automotive wrote:I just got my password for ProDemand but it won't retain my password and username when I log out. Is there something I'm missing?
Any word on why it won't retain my username and password?
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

This is still an issue; the problem early on was that when it was engaged, it would crash the app. That tends to make the phone ring so it is turned off until it can be made to work properly with all browsers.
Tim McDonnell -
NPASC_mike
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by NPASC_mike »

Got a chance to test drive Prodemand tonight. I will admit at first I was skeptical, but after a few minutes was impressed. Information is much easier to find, especially the quick links to fluids capacities and TSB's. As Tim knows, I am disappointed that this is all online now and data discs will no longer be produced/ mailed out. We have upgraded our internet, but even still there are times where we may go 24-36 hours without internet. I'm not going to say I won't be a little ticked the first time I'm overhauling a transmission or engine or chasing a electrical issue and the winds blowing 100 mph ( the norm here) and we lose internet. The format seems to load well even with our 36kb/sec internet ( yes, slower than dial up..lol) All in all I will have to say well done guys on improving your product. We're going to bite the bullet and stick with you for a while longer and try this out. Looking forward to our upgrade to 6.4 also.

Also, with my eyes going bad, the wiring diagrams print out MUCH clearer on prodemand than they ever have on OD5. I am sure I will find more stuff that impresses me later tonight as I finish toying with the demo version. :)

One question though. How will upgrading to Pro affect my PLG in Manager. I am assuming Manager will still have update discs for estimating?
There is always enough time to do it right the first time.
rhillig
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by rhillig »

Hey Tim & powers that be - will the ProDemand be integrated into TeamWorks soon? Our techs are really encouraged by the additional information - just not the additional steps to have to jump over to a browser & add all the information in to look up the info.
A year from now you will wish you had started TODAY ~ Karen Lamb
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Working on it right now - PD to SE. Should be showing it in Vegas in 4 weeks for a release not long after.
Tim McDonnell -
MarionB2BAuto

Login Problems

Post by MarionB2BAuto »

I didn't have my password or username saved, and my browser crashed. I asked for a new login in password in the "lost password" selection on the login page. It sent me a new username and new password to use, but when I use it, It say incorrect password. I tried everything from typing it all in manually, to cut and paste. Nothing is working. can I get some help please?
8 Years USMC as M-60 tank Tech, M-1 Abrams tank Tech, Hull and Turret certified
20 Years with General Motors
15 years With GM as an ASEP Technician Trainer/Mentor
20 Years ASE Master recertified Technician
L1 Recertified
MarionB2BAuto

Post by MarionB2BAuto »

Nevermind. I guess I had to wait for the internal system on your end to reset. Cut and paste worked this time.
L1 Recertified
MarionB2BAuto

Post by MarionB2BAuto »

I did like using the Prodemand when I needed to. I do find it interesting that so many basic procedures are missing from so many different vehicles. For instance you would think that the procedure for replacing a starter on a 2002 Daewoo Leganza would be easy to find, yet I can't find it anywhere. There are also a LOT of simple procedures that I would have expected to find in such an advanced system that just have not been there. It appears that if it is not a GM, Ford, or Dodge product, then there is a lot missing.

Also on the old system, if you had the VIN already entered, then that information transferred to the service repair section. If I select repair now, I end up having to either reenter the detailed information such as engine and transmission, or I have to reenter the VIN number again in Prodemand. Any ideas why?
L1 Recertified
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

First of all, ProDemand modules like Codes, Components, etc are going through a data enrichment process to get the magic applied to them (procedures, diagrams, locations all together as tabs side by side). 2002 Daewoo models would not exactly be among the first to be picked for this processing. You can count on Service Manual as the deep library with everything old school (OD5.com) if you don't find it in the modules mentioned above.

Just checked OD5.com and it seems that all we have in EITHER product is the wiring diagrams for these.

Please contact product support for procedures and see if they can locate it.
Tim McDonnell -

Return to “Using ProDemand”