Note To People In Charge at Mitchell: Live Tips

Questions and comments about using ProDemand or ShopKeyPro information modules
liljoe
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Note To People In Charge at Mitchell: Live Tips

Post by liljoe »

I am an active member of the tip system that Mitchell has on the OD5.com site, I find it to be a very useful tool that makes Mitchell be another step above the others. With the switch to the new prodemand coming, there is concern on the tip system among the regular posters about the tip system not being transfered in its current format (or at least something close), the ask-a-tech part of the new program is not the same, nor will it be able to take the place of the current tip system. Many people have chimed in and mentioned how much more info they get from the tips then from the repair info itself.

Besides that, it has allowed many of the users to get to know one another and many cross-country friendships have been formed. I feel like to take this out of the repair info would be a big mistake and a move in the wrong direction. As todays cars become more and more complex, the need to network with others is going to grow greatly as time passes. There are other sites that allow techs to ask questions and get help, but nothing on the web is even close to what the tip system has became in its current format. The ability to see tips from real world techs when you are looking up info on a certain repair that you are not familiar with is one of the reasons that I, and I am sure many others, chose your product over the others.

Please take this into consideration when deciding the direction of the new program.

Thanks for your time.
Liljoe.
Working hard to prove the Green Team can do it with the best of 'em.
Always remember: AIN'T NO FREE LUNCHES!!
Am I the Only One?- I don't think I am.
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Note to the people in charge at Mitchell

Post by timbre4 »

You can relax as we totally agree. :idea:

I'm attending a rep training meeting and we are reviewing Ask A Tech right now. We do have a commitment to the live tips system and plan to integrate it into a future release of ProDemand. The current version features AAT solely for now because it was in a workable format first.

Because it will take time to add several features such as Estimator & Manager integration, Live Tips may take time and/or change form. Users will continue to have access to both OD5.com (or SK5.com) and ProDemand during this period of transition.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
liljoe

Post by liljoe »

Thanks, that is a load off my mind. I would hate to lose the tip system.......
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by sbebenelli »

Yes I think the tips are an awesome addition to the program. It's a feature that only gets better with time. Many times someone will post a shortcut on a removal procedure that really helps on something new to us. And there is always the one's that just make you laugh because I'm thankful they are not working on my car. :shock:
liljoe

Post by liljoe »

sbebenelli wrote: And there is always the one's that just make you laugh because I'm thankful they are not working on my car. :shock:

I try to help when I can..... :mrgreen:
sbebenelli

Post by sbebenelli »

There was one that I believe was on replacing the fan clutch on a Trailblazer. Tip had different ways of helping removal and one was to cut some of the shroud. Some was OK with that some was not. One guy made the comment that some are cutters and some are not. He himself was cutter. I found that comment funny. I myself and our shop are nut cutters. I wouldn't even consider it.
liljoe

Post by liljoe »

Awe come on man, admit you are refering to me and my silly ways that do a good job of making you feel even more qualified then you are ( not calling your qualifactions into any questioning at all, just making fun of me). I like to think that next to me, any one would look nice and qualified.... :mrgreen:
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

"I myself and our shop are nut cutters. I wouldn't even consider it."

A typical Freudian slip. Normally i would make fun of it but last night i had one myself. I meant to ask my wife to pass the butter but instead i said you ruined my life you *. :lol: :lol:
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

I agree the tip section is good. Sometimes good hints are posted in there!
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Note To People In Charge at Mitchell: Live Tips

Post by timbre4 »

Good evening, I'm pleased to share the following message just received from Nick DiVerde - Director of Marketing @ Mitchell 1:

"Thanks for your concern about the OnDemand5.com tips being carried over to the new ProDemand platform. We’re encouraged to hear that the OnDemand Live feature helps customers like you to service more vehicles.

Because of the value they add to Mitchell 1’s service information, we are committed to including those tips in ProDemand. In the coming two months, we plan to take all the tips created in OnDemand5.com and transfer them to ProDemand in their appropriate locations in the data. That effort will be followed shortly by the ability for ProDemand subscribers to add new tips in context as they did in OnDemand5.com

Thanks again for your questions and patience as we transition together to this new and exciting platform."
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Jeff @ Able Auto

Post by Jeff @ Able Auto »

Gotta love these Forums. What other company listens so closely to their customers/users?
Jeff Fitzgerald - retired
Treasure Coast of Florida
"there will be enough time to sleep when we're dead"
liljoe

Post by liljoe »

Thanks for the reply, makes me have one less stress to worry over. :D
rickbme

Post by rickbme »

Since you're going to be working on that...... Might we get an edit feature of some sort? :D If only maybe a preview would be nice. I tend to always miss a letter or 2 when typing something out. :wink: Or a worse case forget to attach the pics I wanted to.

Either way, good to hear we'll be seeing that soon! woooo!

Return to “Using ProDemand”