ProDemand Feedback

Questions and comments about using ProDemand or ShopKeyPro information modules
rickbme

ProDemand Feedback

Post by rickbme »

Greetings,
I have a couple questions and suggestions if possible.

First, the feedback option is nice in prodemand. However the amount of characters need to be raised. I tried to use the feedback and wasn't able to fully describe my issue with the allotted characters allowed.

Now for feedback about the use. Previously in Od5 I could do a search for example a code p0442. I'm then displayed some links to pick from. After choosing the one that will take me do my desired search, I'm dropped off right at the p0442 diagnostic section. Nice and fast.

In Prodemand, I'm dropped at the top of the section and have to scroll down until I find the p0442 section. Some cars this is not a problem, others like a BMW will take a bit longer to find where I need to be. I do notice once have scrolled down the section I need is open.

To duplicate my issue, use a 1999 Chevy Camaro Z28. Do a search for p0442. Select the first link given.

Maybe this is because I'm using XP and Explorer 8.0? I've also tried in Chrome and have the same issue. Or maybe I'm simply doing it wrong? Still getting used to it so that may be an issue as well.

Thank you!
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: ProDemand Feedback

Post by timbre4 »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.

I've sent this to product mgmt for review and comment. In advance of that, I would offer the following....

As far as Feedback space, brevity is encouraged because of 1) the sheer volume of feedback rec'd and 2) the time it takes to read them all. The database of feedback gets plenty large even with the character limit placed on it. They generally have a good idea of what the data issues are now and just need the specifics (YMM + code) of the example. If you have a longer story, you may use this forum thread and I will forward it on your behalf.

Please keep in mind as you work through ProDemand, that some specific splitting tasks are yet to be done. Your single code Search request is answered with a code block (range) rather than the explicit code strictly for production deadlines. There are "sprints" (new builds) every two weeks, a ton of data processing and one of these builds will make the code Search more specific to match the DTC searched for as it is in OD5.com.

Overall, IE 8.0 is okay, Firefox is better and Chrome looks the best in terms of text and graphics clarity. The data results will be the same.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
rickbme

Post by rickbme »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I wasn't aware the feedback feature was that well used. In that case I certainly understand.

After having some free time available to delve in deeper and try different ways to find information, I actually found that by simply using the code look up feature I can find what I'm looking for just as fast if not faster than od5.

I just need to think differently than I used to. After using od5 for.... how long has it been out now? :wink: , I've simply gotten used to finding information a certain way. The more I use it (ProDemand) the better I like it. Looks like it's going to be really nice once you guys get it polished up.

I am finding Chrome a much better interface. IE for some reason really eats my lil cpu alive using ProDemand.

Thanks again for the response and information. Is there a better place to post things about ProDemand? I didn't really find a specific forum for it, or I've overlooked the correct place to post.

Thanks again.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

This section is the catch all for our repair products for now. ProDemand may become a separate area at some future point.

What you added is exactly right; with ProDemand you didn't have to use Search for the code as you did with OD5.com because it's already there. It will take time to adjust the thinking and habits, no doubt. :idea:
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
liljoe
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Post by liljoe »

timbre4 wrote: It will take time to adjust the thinking and habits, no doubt. :idea:
I think this is the reason that some of the users of OD5 are having issues with the new product. I think that letting us have acess to the product while it is still in development is a good idea, it gives us a chance to get used to it before we have no choice. That way if we have a problem, we can just go to the old system and find what we need. Another good thing is that we find the flaws in the system before it becomes a critical issue.
Working hard to prove the Green Team can do it with the best of 'em.
Always remember: AIN'T NO FREE LUNCHES!!
Am I the Only One?- I don't think I am.
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.

Return to “Using ProDemand”