Help With Finding What I'm Looking For

Questions and comments about using ProDemand or ShopKeyPro information modules
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Help With Finding What I'm Looking For

Post by sbebenelli »

Working on a VW Beetle. Needed to remove hood release lever so I could remove the trim behind it. Searched ProDemand and came up with the screen shot below. Clicked on the link that came up in search and then found a whole page of info that I had no clue where to find the info I was looking for without clicking and searching. After 15 minutes I got frustrated and googled it and the first link that came up was a PDF of just removing the lever.

The DIY'er can find this info for free faster than I can in a professional program. Can someone give me some tips on how search works? Could I have done something different to find what I was looking for? I also looked in OD5 and that was useless also. I have always struggled finding certain things and was hoping ProDemand would fix this problem.
Attachments
1 (Medium).jpg
1 (Medium).jpg (64.66 KiB) Viewed 1907 times
Nothing highlighted on this whole page of links telling me where the info is located
Nothing highlighted on this whole page of links telling me where the info is located
2 (Medium).jpg (48 KiB) Viewed 1907 times
Sroled down to the airbag section and found nothing pointing me where this info is
Sroled down to the airbag section and found nothing pointing me where this info is
3 (Medium).jpg (77.2 KiB) Viewed 1907 times
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Help With Finding What I'm Looking For

Post by timbre4 »

From product mgmt:

The information is there. You have to scroll down on the page after selecting the search result. There will be an expanded heading halfway down the page, look for the graphics.

This function is a bug in ProDemand. When you click on the search result, the program should automatically open the correct article and jump the user to the information. ProDemand does open the correct article, but does not jump the user to the information.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Using ProDemand”