Help with ProDemand Modules

Questions and comments about using ProDemand or ShopKeyPro information modules
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Help with ProDemand Modules

Post by sbebenelli »

I'm trying to figure out what the different modules do in ProDemand. What is the difference in the repair module compared to the service manual keyword search module? Also why is the table of contents missing so many categories compared to OnDemand?

Lets say i want to know how to diagnose the transfer case. In OnDemand I would click on transmission then transfer case. How would I go about finding that info in ProDemand?

At times I'm finding it harder to find things in ProDemand than I did in OnDemand. I assume it's because I'm not using it correctly.
Attachments
table (Medium).jpg
table (Medium).jpg (32.61 KiB) Viewed 3251 times
table2 (Medium).jpg
table2 (Medium).jpg (19.12 KiB) Viewed 3251 times
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Help with ProDemand Modules

Post by timbre4 »

From product mgmt:

I'm trying to figure out what the different modules do in ProDemand. What is the difference in the repair module compared to the service manual keyword search module?
This is the most commonly asked question that we get. The Repair Module is strictly a component based look-up. Once you enter the component, ProDemand returns back all information related to that component including procedsures, specs, TSBs, etc.
The Service manual is just that, the access to the OEM service manual in the style of the OEM service manual. This is very much like pulling the book off the shelf and thumbing through it. The Service manual is going to contain everything plus the kitchen sink, not a narrowed view such as by component only.
The Keyword search in the service manual is a text based search of the entire manual. When results are returned in the Keyword search, you can further filter them down using the filtering controls on the left side of the page. I’ve found this to be extremely effective at narrowing down information and finding it.

Also why is the table of contents missing so many categories compared to OnDemand?
ProDemand is a bit different. ProDemand no longer has “articles” like OnDemand, so there is no table of contents for an article. The table of contents is built into the look-up as you continue to drill down through the service manual to find your information.

Lets say i want to know how to diagnose the transfer case. In OnDemand I would click on transmission then transfer case. How would I go about finding that info in ProDemand?
The category list is very similar between OnDemand and ProDemand. We’ve included a lot of the OnDemand category titles under “Powertrain”. Included in Power Train are Engine Performance, Engine Mechanical, Transfer Case, Transmission, etc.

At times I'm finding it harder to find things in ProDemand than I did in OnDemand. I assume it's because I'm not using it correctly
I had been sceptical when ProDemand first came out and I tried a few look-ups comparing ProDemand vs. OnDemand5.com and I really did find information much quicker in ProDemand. As with any new software (including me when I first got my Google Android Smartphone) it helped to have someone else give me a quick guide. If you want, please join us for a training workshop online. We host them daily and the sessions are free to attend. http://www.mitchell1.com/training/prodemand/
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
sbebenelli

Re: Help with ProDemand Modules

Post by sbebenelli »

Thank you for the reply to both my threads

Return to “Using ProDemand”