Wiring Diagram Print Issues

Questions and comments about using ProDemand or ShopKeyPro information modules
GFORCEAUTO
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Wiring Diagram Print Issues

Post by GFORCEAUTO »

I found the diagram and there is 4 steps to get a diagram to print. I know that seems petty but time is money here people!
I can locate and find the diagram ok. (1) but then have to click full view to see the print tab(2) click on the print tab open new window! (3)have to click print in there ! (4) then answer yes the the computer as to what printer to print diagram to. Then it says it's only one page in the windows printer window and then it prints 3 pages! First one is blank, second one is the diagram and 3rd page has header of ProDemand ... thats takes extra time also printing excess pages.
Suggestion skip the pop up window after the print tab is pressed.

So just to review.
Browser is IE8 Windows Vista 32B and Windows XP and Google Chrome is worse because of their print preview window then its 5 steps!
1. It takesTo many steps to print a one page digram.
2. It prints extra pages with Pro Demand as header and footer! wasting time and paper.

Oh and the new Vehicle selection is way better ! Flows much better.
Matthew J. Clawson
Owner/ASE Master
G Force Automotive
Michigan
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Re: Wiring Diagram Print Issues

Post by sbebenelli »

I feel the same way and have the same problems with printing more pages than needed. I think the way the diagrams work is terrible even when not wanting to print. The window that pops up is so small it forces you to print even when you normally wouldn't just so you can see the whole diagram.
Adam_Frank

Post by Adam_Frank »

I also dislike the printing. Maybe I don't know how to do it but with OD5 I could print a complete section of diagrams or narrow it down as needed and I can't seem to fiure that out with ProDemand.

I also have a issue with this pc that is running windows 7, it won't print the complete dia., I have tried every setting I can find to get it to print the complete page......anyone know what I need to do?

THanks

Adam Frank

Mike's Mobil Inc.
"Doing it right"
616-396-5635
Morespeed
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by Morespeed »

I just started using Pro Demand and I am having the same issues with printing. I use Windows 7 and still have XP on a couple machines but it makes no difference. If I open OD5 it prints just fine. Any help is appreciated..
Thanks
Craig
The bitterness of low quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Kim

Post by Kim »

I too am having a lot of printing issues, some times I have to cut and paste, which this doesn't always works, seems to cut off the same section that is not being printed.. My techs get frustrated when tring to print wiring diagrams and I end up helping them and then having to try and get my work done. Plus not to mention the time I have my techs sitting at a computer not on the vehicle. Getting ready to say Good Bye to Pro Demand.
I would like some help if there is any out there. I don't have all day to sit on hold, tying up a phone line and myself.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Kim et al.,

Please ensure you're running a standard DPI size and try printing again. To do this in Windows 7 or 8, right-click an open area of the desktop. Select Screen Resolution. On the new window that opens, select the Make text and other items larger or smaller option. Select the Smaller - 100% (default) option.

Please let us know if that helps your particular situation.
M1 Product Manager
rhillig
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by rhillig »

We are having problems with printing from ProDemand- instead of the image- it prints a box with an X in it. Windows XP machine with latest version of SE.
A year from now you will wish you had started TODAY ~ Karen Lamb
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Rhillig,

Have you tried running this http://www.m1faqs.com/fix/m1sk_config.exe on that machine yet?
M1 Product Manager
rhillig

Post by rhillig »

I did try running that on the machine - still just get an X when I am printing a image from ProDemand :(
rhillig

Post by rhillig »

Silky7 wrote:Rhillig,

Have you tried running this http://www.m1faqs.com/fix/m1sk_config.exe on that machine yet?
I have ran this on the machine - still prints X's for the image. It is a Windows XP Professional machine with IE 8 for the browser.
DougerM

Post by DougerM »

There are 26 pages of engine performance diagrams for a 2003 GMC Sierra 2500 HD. I don't want to print all 26 pages. Is there a simple way to print just the 4 pages I want for a 6.6L vin 1 (not California). The best way I know is to select my pages 1 at a time, click on "View Full Screen" and print that page, then go back select the next page, etc. I have already entered the vin and decoded in SE, then in ProDemand I have entered the information again specific to this engine and I get diagrams for 5 different engines. I hope you are working on making this a more seamless process.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your question.

After walking through the same steps, I can see that your current work around is about the best we can do at this moment. Please know that this situation will improve soon. The printing features will become friendlier and more capable, plus Manager SE will pass VIN to Prodemand in a future release as opposed to just Year-Make-Model as it does today.

Thirdly, the wiring diagrams will eventually be split to only display according to the Engine selected at the selection stage or VIN entry.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
rocknrod

Post by rocknrod »

We can not read the wiring diagrams. The print is very blurry and we just got a new printer. Is there a setting we are missing maybe?
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

It is also important to know the operating system and internet browser being used. I would suggest contacting tech support with these details.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ARS
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by ARS »

sbebenelli wrote:I feel the same way and have the same problems with printing more pages than needed. I think the way the diagrams work is terrible even when not wanting to print. The window that pops up is so small it forces you to print even when you normally wouldn't just so you can see the whole diagram.
We also argee with the -do not like the small diagrams & printing issues in pro demand. Some of our techs are using a different program... not good

Return to “Using ProDemand”