Information

Questions and comments about using ProDemand or ShopKeyPro information modules
cardoc
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Information

Post by cardoc »

Guys, I just waited 40 min on hold and here's my answer. I need info on exhaust work for a 2008 cab and chassis F350 super duty 5.4l. All was decoded by vin. Was told by tech support I must have miss entered the vehicle information if there where no data for me. After explaining it to him again he looked it up and said " Ford must not have released any vehicle information for that specific vehicle" REALLY?? I looked it up on All data. Damn they had it. Please fix these issues!! PLEASE!!

Also our fluids display is on a lower line and can not be selected unless you perform a work around or get out and click the fluids tab. Please fix!!
Quality is not expensive, It is Priceless!

ASE L1 Master Certified Automotive Technician,
Service Advisor, & AMI Graduate
ASA Member
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Re: Information

Post by Tim Martin »

I run into the same issue at times and rather than call tech support and or get all frustrated I simply go to a year on either side of it or in this case I would try a F250 model or go to a F350 Super Duty vehicle, knowing they are very similar. I know, at the risk of sounding arrogant I have guys tell me, that is stupid that you need to do that. Well, I typically can get the job done that way. I will do alot to avoid getting frustrated with my work.

Just my 2 cents worth. Here in our shop I also have the option of going to FORD website an getting info that way.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

I just found plenty of exhaust information for a 2008 F350 cab/chassis on OD5.com using a manual entry, so it appears they DO have the information. Perhaps something got lost in the hand-over of vehicle information from one module to another.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Please understand that the Cab & Chassis (or Cutaway van) decoded by VIN tends not to have information keyed to it the way Pickup models or passenger vans do. When this happens, switch to Pickups for the time being. NOTE: This is not a new situation data-wise and has been true for years, it's just that VIN Decode pushed it to the surface.

The Fluids tab issue is a display property and I believe it is either fixed or support can instruct how to change it on your side.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
cardoc

Post by cardoc »

Tim under stand on the cab and chassis. But as you said its been going on for years. Not sure why it cant be fixed. As far as support on the fluids issue I was on the phone with one and he had no fix. Just exit out and go under fluids next time. Not really a fix. Patiently Waiting. Alan

ASA Member
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

I was shown documentation of a fix on May 14th, 2013, may not apply to your instance. We need to know which browser and version (IE 9, 10, Chrome, Firefox, etc) you are using when the Fluids wrap occurs.

This is so they can duplicate the issue. Any screen shots are helpful too.
Tim McDonnell -
cardoc

Post by cardoc »

Tim, I played with it this after noon and decided to uninstall 10 and try it. It works now. I have all ie 8 on XP machines in my building but the two new windows 7 machines are running IE 10. One was fine and the other was not. ?? All are working now. What I can say is the window on the effected machine was smaller vertically than after 10 was uninstalled. It is now running ie9 and seams fine.

ASA Member
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Regarding the other question (always works better as separate posts), can you post or email me the Cab & Chassis VIN you decoded? Thanks
Tim McDonnell -
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

Cab and chassis look ups can be very misleading. On occasion I run into situations where after manufacture modifications have been made and any info supplied by the manufacturer can be incorrect. A 350 super duty cab and chassis that a dump body is installed on may have a different fuel tank. I've seen modifications that made no sense and have driven me crazy. A F250 with F350 suspension that isn't in the vin info. There are so many ways things can go I'm real careful with vin decoding. G.M. cutaway's are wild. Ones from Ryder can be different from identical ones from Hertz.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Using ProDemand”