What Needs To be Fixed In ProDemand

Questions and comments about using ProDemand or ShopKeyPro information modules
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

What Needs To be Fixed In ProDemand

Post by timbre4 »

Please use this thread to report what you feel needs to be changed about using ProDemand; makes it easier to share with product management.

If you have comments about using SE or ProDemand thru the integration, please use this thread: http://managerforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=9794

CLARIFICATION: This is to be a list of items; if there is commentary, there are other threads to post that in or start a new one. Thank you
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: What Needs To be Fixed In ProDemand

Post by timbre4 »

Gathered from other threads; I will continue to edit and organize these items.

1. WIRING DIAGRAMS: All diagrams need to open in a large resizable window.

2. SEARCH: Something needs done with search. I can't explain what needs done.

3. SERVICE MANUAL: The service manual is lacking compared to OnDemand. Things I could easily find in OnDemand are not in ProDemand service manual. [need specifics]

4. YMME SPECIFIC: When I look for a belt routing diagram you list every engine size made; show only for the vehicle I'm working on. Firing orders are also like this.
5. YMME SPECIFIC: Half the time it is asking for six different engine sizes and several transmissions and won't give up until I click on one. (true of Engine, not of Transmission)
6. YMME SPECIFIC: The SE interface doesn't transfer the vehicle engine size over to repair.

7. SE REPAIR INTERFACE: No shortcuts to paste (Transfer) into the RO for easy return (articles, works for TSBs)
8. SE REPAIR INTERFACE: Don't like having to use Repair Information into ProDemand login page and having to click through that every time.

9. ESTIMATOR TABS: I don't like how parts are a separate tab from labor in estimator

10. PARTS GRAPHICS: Click on the part number to see an OEM picture; that's if a picture is even available.

11. COMMON SPECS ACCESS: We really miss is getting torque specs in a couple easy clicks. Any way to include in labor/parts/maint/fluid tabs? Having to go to ProDemand - log in, click on engine, etc., specs & FINALLY get to Common Specs & Procedures is a waste of time when you just want lugnut torque specs.
Tim McDonnell -
ARS
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by ARS »

I thought I saw a patch for the YMM to be transfered from SE to Prodemand.. I can not find it now... So that we do not have to retype in all of the vehicle information again.. which is a bit of a pain.. I may be wrong on the patch too... but I thought I saw one. Please let me know if there is one & what it is... We would really appreicate it. Thanks, ARS
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

You did see it. Go here and select item #2: http://www.m1faqs.com/fix/SE/index.htm

1. Close SE
2. Run patch
3. Restart SE and see version number changes up and the YMM pass through stays correct to currently selected SE vehicle.

REPEAT this on each workstation, it only takes a few seconds.
Tim McDonnell -
ARS

Post by ARS »

Thank you very much!!
ARS

Post by ARS »

1. WIRING DIAGRAMS -Add all PARTS DIAGRAMS - we can not see the full size screen ..it will not open & we can not print these either... it brings up a blank screen ... nothing to print.

I see it is on your list above.. but we are having problems with all parts diagrams... so tiny you can not see... & the full size screen link is there but nothing happens when you click it... & then the printing...nothing to print..

Thanks. ARS

EDIT- we think this is prodemand.. We are talking about the Revision> estimator> look up labor> find parts number with blue link> click on link to open parts diagram.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

All things printing and graphics-wise are under scrutinty.
Tim McDonnell -
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

I was reminded by product development that some of the printing issues are relevant to specific browsers.
Tim McDonnell -
alloutrepair
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by alloutrepair »

Is there any update to whether or we will be seeing a change to get common specs added to a location where they can be easily loaded on to an estimate right from Manager?
In reality I don't understand why it doesn't automatically load when the associated repair is chosen... For example, if I am replacing a wheel bearing or cv shaft, the repair procedures know that I need the torque specs for the axle nut, so why is it that I can get even a pop up of the torque spec list to choose to add such a line to the repair order, instead of the tech having to go additional to my work an look up the torque spec? I really think that if there is a link to the common spec list in the repair procedure, that the related labor item in estimator should have a link to it as well.

Thanks!!!
Jennifer
THANKS!
~Jennifer~

*** Not challenging everyone, just thinking outside the box in an attempt to make life easier! ***
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.

I suspect we'll see progress in this area over the next 12 months. At minimum, the specs are going to become part of the Quick Links that is always visible in ProDemand so that one doesn't have to go into the Service Manual and make severer clicks to get the spec. Please note that there is more and more intelligent tagging being applied to the data all the time. Currently, the repair article content is not linked back to Manager SE as the TSB content is for example. I believe that you want the information not for the customer invoice but for the technician worksheet, correct?
Tim McDonnell -
alloutrepair

Post by alloutrepair »

That is correct. I am not a mechanic (just married to one 10+ years ago, and have always been around the guys working on cars). I know my way around a car & what needs to go on an estimate, but seem to always forget to add the repair info. It just seems to me that if the repair procedure has a link to the spec index, that the labor line should also have a link. Even if it's just a pop-up window with the spec index for me to choose what info needs to be added. Otherwise, someone has to stop in the middle and go back into the work order (or worse -- manually pull the vehicle up in proDemand) and find the necessary specs. And murphy's law says that will be the one thing to throw off the balance of life on the busy days...
THANKS!
~Jennifer~

*** Not challenging everyone, just thinking outside the box in an attempt to make life easier! ***
sbcauto
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by sbcauto »

Don't Know What Other People Think But All My Guys HATE The ProDemand. Hard To Find Anything. When You Do Print Wiring Diagrams-Diagrams Are Very Small & Hard to Read. When First Started Using I Had Menu Come Up On Left Side That Gave Options Like Codes. Now When I Open I Get Large Layout With Columns On Top Which Are Even Harder Than The First Menu. Some Other Shops I Talk To Are Planning On Going To All Data Because Of The New Layout.
I Really Have To Say Ondemand Although Not Perfect Was 100% Better. One Other Complaint My Guys Have With ProDemand Is It Is Very Slow.
Thanks Bill
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Thanks for your feedback. 2015 is slated to be about refinements to the user experience, particularly in the area of printing options and quality.

In terms of user experience, the goal of 1Search is to provide users with both the OE repair and expert base information from the tech community. The latest update provides:
1) New Jumpstart view of VEHICLE-SPECIFIC lookups including Commonly Replaced components, Common Codes, Common Symptoms, Top Search Lookups (put in front of you without any digging on your part)
2) Your curser is already sitting in a Search box if you want to type the code (instead of having to click on Code Search and do it there)
3) If none of this is what you want, clicking on 1Search still brings up the full module list

The direction of the marketplace is to provide more not less and this includes expert based field information with parts replacement, tips, waveforms library, Proview and more. Frankly, the latter is something Alldata cannot provide as they have not anticipated this trend and have nothing in place for real-world information.

In summary, we can't stand still or stay where we were. The increase in the volume of information and drilling into it more effectively demands it. With your input we can refine the system further.
Tim McDonnell -
pfainc

Post by pfainc »

I find 1 search to be pretty much useless. I understand that some shops need it, but it makes finding information even that much more frustrating. Enter a code and you get testing procedures, without a description of the code in the beginning - that is just one example. I can document more if needed, but for those of us that know what we are looking for - vehicle reference is the place to go. I find keyword search a better alternative. Maybe there could be a setting for the default screen?

Currently I am having better luck finding information in Ondemand5 - My techs all dislike prodemand as well.
Bruce Ordway
Phil's Foreign Auto
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Once the Quick Links sitting on the RH side is further populated (next 60-75 days), fewer trips to the Vehicle Reference will be required. It will be expanded to include Common Specs & Procedures, DTC Index, Component Locator, TSBs (All) and Wiring Diagrams (All). :idea:
Tim McDonnell -
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

The problems I have with it are not that the info is not there. Its just not there in the way we are used to getting it. Is the system better? In the end I trust they know what they are doing and it will be ok. The bad part is that we have to re teach ourselves on how to get what we want and for now it takes longer as it is new to us. Its the change that we need to adapt to and then hopefully it will be what its supposed to be.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

Heres one I just had trouble on. Damn t I cannot add the pic it says it is to big. 2006 frontier 4.0 1search oil pressure and it brings up air bag info ?
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

I think I finally got it small enough
Attachments
mitch error 3 .jpg
mitch error 3 .jpg (149.98 KiB) Viewed 60390 times
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

A couple of things......

I've found that items under Description are less relevant than Procedures or Specs. Also, was 'oil pressure' one of the search suggestions? Using the suggestions often yields better results.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

Yes I just typed oil pressure and selected the first thingon the list that poped up and really all I wanted was the spec. I found it. It is just somewhat frustrating I understand the view a lot of people have on the 1search and was not really complaining but offering a view from there prospective.

Return to “Using ProDemand”