Paid on Account

Discussion area for integrated credit card processing
scarruther1
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Paid on Account

Post by scarruther1 »

Customer trying to pay their account with a credit card F5 but there is option to use card. We have to unpost each invoice and pay that way PITA. Am I missing something? Thanks
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (5.06 KiB) Viewed 6270 times
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Paid on Account

Post by ricmorin »

Are you saying that when you click on the 'type' field it does not populate a pull down menu? If not, you'll want to consult tech support.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Gerald Martin

Post by Gerald Martin »

Sadly, it seems that card processing option has been taken out of the F5 menu in the current version of software. Something about an incompatibility with one of the card processors (may have been X-Charge but I can't remember for sure) and not applying payments correctly.

This has caused me a lot of frustration, as I have quite a few clients that will pay multiple invoices with a single card transaction, and we always used the F5 payment dialog before.

We've had to resort to silliness like overpaying one invoice by the amount of the other one and then applying the resulting credit on account to avoid running two transactions when one will do.

Mitchell really should chime in here on this one. To me, it seems that what was key function of the software is broken.

Gerald Martin
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Gerald,

We're re-implementing credit card processing batch payments in the next major release (7.3). It's a lot of effort to handle the rules behind partial amount credit approvals, but we're working on handling these now.
M1 Product Manager
scarruther1

Post by scarruther1 »

Same. I had a customer paying 10 charged invoices with a credit card. We had to unpost each invoice and charge it that way. What a PITA! I wouls agree that a key function of SE is broken :cry:
timsince

Post by timsince »

I just had a customer come in to pay for 3 separate invoices for different vehicles in for service this week. 2 of them were the exact same amount. The system didn't like it and flagged it as a duplicate transaction. She had another card, so we handled it that way, but with the batch payment option, that was never a problem. Thanks for working to get it back.
Tim
Auburn, NY
promauto

Post by promauto »

This has been a problem for way to long when it involves an integrated part of your program. This should be on the top of the list to fix before anymore bells and whistles are added. It was working and now it is gone. Please expedite this fix!!!
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

promauto wrote:Please expedite this fix!!!
This is corrected on the SE 7.3.x; you will see it on the next release.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
scarruther1

Post by scarruther1 »

When will this release be available? I have 28 invoices on 1 statement to pay with a credit card and the client would like to see 1 charge on their cc statement, not 28 individual ones? What is the workaround?
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by Johnny5 »

scarruther1 wrote:Same. I had a customer paying 10 charged invoices with a credit card. We had to unpost each invoice and charge it that way. What a PITA! I wouls agree that a key function of SE is broken :cry:
There is another way to find a posted invoice and pay it, ... for the time being util you get our fix to the batch payment screen.
1. Hit F4
2. Use search to find customer or invoice number (click on column heading to expost search)
3. Double click on the posted invoice you want to pay
4. Click on the payment button
5. Enter amount, click on ePay button

JD
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1

Return to “Credit Card Processing”