X-charge vs 1stMile

Discussion area for integrated credit card processing
motley06
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

X-charge vs 1stMile

Post by motley06 »

My credit card processor contract is coming up for renewal and I want to look at one of the integrated processors that work with Mitchell. As far as I can tell, the difference between x-charge and 1stMile is that first mile offers some financing options for customers who need it? Is that all? Is this something a Mitchell representative can better explain to me? I appreciate any and all information/feedback.
jace241
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Re: X-charge vs 1stMile

Post by jace241 »

We switched from X-Charge to first mile. The rate was a lot better from 1st mile. They charge a monthly flat fee based on how much you process and then pass through the processing rates from the CC companies. Our overhead from processing dropped 30-40%. The other thing with 1st mile is we get our money the next day. X-charge was 2-3 days.
Cory
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by Cory »

We have also had both, we are now with First Mile. The ease of processing financing applications for our clients within the program is great. They are also in the process of releasing the "Text to Pay" feature which will be a plus. We pay the base processing rate plus the monthly fee which is great for us because we process a good number of transactions. If you don't process a lot of transactions it may not be the best option for you.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Cory wrote:We have also had both, we are now with First Mile. The ease of processing financing applications for our clients within the program is great. They are also in the process of releasing the "Text to Pay" feature which will be a plus. We pay the base processing rate plus the monthly fee which is great for us because we process a good number of transactions. If you don't process a lot of transactions it may not be the best option for you.
You're gonna love Text to Pay.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “Credit Card Processing”