First Mile Bug

Discussion area for integrated credit card processing
dan
25 Club: Starting Contributor

First Mile Bug

Post by dan »

When we started with First Mile, the process was fairly easy and clean. With a little extra support we made it work properly. WorldPay was the card processor, however they soon sold to another processor. The big issue now is that our cutoff time for next day deposit is 4:30, anything past that time is deposited the following day. (WorldPay would allow you to change the next day deposit to 48 hour deposit, so it would batch out every night around midnight. The new processor will not do that). So what this means is that you make your GL entries based on all your Mitchell financial reports for the day, but that's not what is deposited into the bank and this snowballs day after day. When you reconcile your checking account; the daily deposits entered suddenly do not match what is on your bank statement. Of course there are complex work-arounds screwing paper trails, but why would you do that?

There are reports you can print from 2 or 3 different sources to find the puzzle pieces to correct your daily deposits and reconcile you bank account. 1st Mile nor the processor support this issue and make it very hard to work with. I can no longer delegate this process to clerical and do it myself, not sure I want anyone else correcting check register 25 times per month. This is not a productive process. First Mile has some advantages that save time, but those are far outweighed by the loss of production and confusion in the back office. Think hard before switching, until this issue is resolved?

I'll hang for another 30 days to see if this gets resolved, if not I'll gladly go back to previous processor. There is no room for confusion & aggregation in the company books.

Dan
Regards,
Dan Dumbauld

The Auto Shop Inc.
901 N. Central Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85004
voice 602-256-6164
fax 602-256-0379
dan@phoenixautoshop.com
www.phoenixautoshop.com
NathanGrassie

Re: First Mile Bug

Post by NathanGrassie »

Double check what you are seeing. We at first thought this was also a batch timing problem, but it was actually iQ (who processes for 1st Mile) they hold the credit cards that are key entered for 48 hours before depositing to your account. If you go to accessmyiq.com you can see the batch reports and see the red flag (on the left) that tells the reason the payment was held. This is a major problem for us.

It also led us to another problem, which is their terrible customer service. At least 10 hours on the phone before we finally figured it out on our own. Be warned.
dan
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by dan »

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have seen that a couple of times as well. It should not be this difficult and isn't with other processors. Batches really should match the sales reports in Mitchell, like they have the past 20 years or they way they do with the other processors. We have 3 vendors involved that each place blame on each of the other 2, kinda like our Gov't these days. So not counting on improvement.

Oh yes you nailed it, iQ support is nonexistent. Same here, several calls, long hold times and either get lost in service agent pool or blame the gateway OS. They do want you to figure it out on your own, Haaaaaa.

If Mitchell would allow some processor competition and share the gateway, sure this process would sing.

Thanks for reply.
Regards,
Dan Dumbauld

The Auto Shop Inc.
901 N. Central Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85004
voice 602-256-6164
fax 602-256-0379
dan@phoenixautoshop.com
www.phoenixautoshop.com
timsince