XCharge and XCheck Questions

Discussion area for integrated credit card processing
peteandlibbys

XCharge and XCheck Questions

Post by peteandlibbys »

I've been a 6.4 user since early November. We are pleased with the software, as 15+ year user of Activant, we were hesitant. We have since added the upgrade that allows us to create PO's from online ordering. Lately, we were contacted by XCharge about converting our merchant services to integrate with Mitchell. I know some of you have this, so I ask; Has it helped to streamline the credit card process? We have used the lone credit card terminal from the beginning of time. I believe our current merchant rates are very competitive, usually around 1.9% total (take the merchant fees charged and divide by the amount taken in). I don't get caught up in the individual rates and fees, all I want is below 2%. Anyways, they guarantee my rates will be cheaper and I have 60 days to compare. So, I'm not contemplating the switch because of price, it's trying to streamline the office. Any input, positive or negative is appreciated.

Also, what about XCheck? Would like some input on this as well.

Thanks>>MIKE
GFORCEAUTO
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Re: XCharge and XCheck Questions

Post by GFORCEAUTO »

X charge or the processing company should be left up to us! The program looks great and would most defiantly save time and lower errors made at the terminal. I too have a better than average processor that offers good rates. We all have a 300-400 dollar escape FEE involved in switching processors. Plus we then have to purchase the equipment to use X charge. I see the credit or gift card is offered but, I have changed processors and it's a pain! I would be great if the program was available to us and we could send the information to our processor if all parties were willing and it was possible to do so.
Matthew J. Clawson
Owner/ASE Master
G Force Automotive
Michigan
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

The decision is always yours Matt.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Mike - I had sent a PM and email about 10 days ago about a reference for X-Charge but there was no response.

In the meantime, we have a good one posted on the forum by a member here, if you haven't already seen it: http://managerforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=9696

X-Check is a scanner that validates the check before accepting it; runs like a debit transaction. That function would be direct from X-Charge and not Mitchell 1.
Tim McDonnell -
CARMandP

Post by CARMandP »

I started using XCharge as part of my Mitchell1 in 2011. Although the process is very nice and the one step payment was nice I was always interested to watch the rate. As a small operation this credit card fee is always important to me. I wasn't using American Express with them due to the high cost associated with their cards (I know this applies to every processor) so I wasn't concerned. I was taking what I paid them every month and dividing that number by the amount of credit card processing I ran every month and discovered they were costing me between 2.6 to 2.8 percent every month. It varied from month to month because each card has a different cost and was just so confusing I lost track of how they were charging me. I shopped prices and found that I could go with a different processor and save over a percent every month which amounts to several hundred dollars a month for me as a small shop. I also was able to add American Express for this cost as well so I wouldn't lose business fleet work. That is a lot of money so I changed. Of course, XCharge slaps me with a large cancellation fee (which isn't listed in my contract anywhere) I have looked twice but of course the not to helpful customer service rep of course quoted the exact line supposedly in my contract where it states this information. I had to talk to 5 different people to get the cancellation form emailed to me. Although I really liked the one touch option of payment I wish that Mitchell would give a few more options to use for the credit card processing. Xcharge will not get any of my business in the future due to the cost and the lousy customer service. Just my two cents.
Shop owner
CAR Maintenance and Performance
www.CARMandP.com
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Evening,

Please know that product manager Nick Blais can be contacted for further information @ nick.blais@mitchell1.com to work out your situation. He did share briefly:

'If a customer get a quote from a competitor in writing ... X-Charge is guaranteed to match or beat it and things have changes since this customer started in 2011. Global purchased Accelerated in mid 2012 and now rates are locked for the term of the contract."

Please contact Nick at first opportunity.
Tim McDonnell -
scarruther1
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Re: XCharge not ready for Mitchell 6.4

Post by scarruther1 »

we recently switched to xcharge. Since installation we have had a problem getting receipts to print properly on the DYMO printer that was supplied as part of the Mitchell/xcharge promotion.

After 3 fruitless support calls we were told we needed to upgrade the receipt printer that was supplied at a cost of $200 and this may solve our issues?

I work the counter daily and it's been frustrating : After a week using Mitchel ePay/xcharge, I do not recommend you switch yet if you are happy with your current processor.

Integration" is a stretch and I cannot find any training/help for employees using 6.4.

How are you all printing customer charge receipts?

Is there an integrated customer facing signature capture device/pinpad?

Amex is processed separately. is there a way to report only what is processed by xcharge and amex separate?

If I have questions, do I call Mitchell Support or x-charge?

Thanks
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Spencer - I have shared your story with Nick Blais (product mgr) and he hsi looking into this for you now and will likely contact you soon.
Tim McDonnell -
scarruther1

Post by scarruther1 »

Thanks. Nick was very accommodating and our receipts are printing well. We can now do gift cards through our 6.4 too. Thanks!
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Thanks for posting Spencer, had a feeling we could get you right on this. :wink:
Tim McDonnell -
scarruther1

Post by scarruther1 »

An update: We've been using the x-charge for a month and so far so good: The biggest difference to our old terminal is the speed. x charge is much faster Approval takes 2-3 seconds and the receipt prints. Very fast. Get the TPG printer. Reporting is nice and support has been supportive. :D
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Post by Pauls Automotive »

scarruther1 wrote:An update: We've been using the x-charge for a month and so far so good: The biggest difference to our old terminal is the speed. x charge is much faster Approval takes 2-3 seconds and the receipt prints. Very fast. Get the TPG printer. Reporting is nice and support has been supportive. :D
I was curious as to how long they take to deposit your monies?
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
scarruther1

Post by scarruther1 »

It shows up on 2nd business day.
evansautocrew

Post by evansautocrew »

Why did you have to get a printer to print receipts? We are considering switching to x charge and would love to get any feed back that would help with our descision. How does the Debit payment work with this program through Mitchell1?

Robyn
a&mauto
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by a&mauto »

I wanted to bump this thread back to the top. We are looking at changing processors and XCharge was on my list. Is it still taking 2 days to process?
Adam Jadovitz
A & M Automotive
Lake Elsinore, CA
951-245-1562
http://www.aandmautorepair.com
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Adam -

I just asked product management to verify: "That's a yes on 2day batch deposits."

Tim
Tim McDonnell -
mspecperformance

Post by mspecperformance »

Quick question about "integration" with SE if someone could help me out.

I recently switched over from RO Writer. They have a program where the software can capture and save via a signature pad so no separate receipts need to be printed. As I was told this was not possible with Mitchell. Does anyone know if they are working on a solution for this? Will it ever be implemented?

As I understand it, with Xcharge you still have to print out little credit card receipts from whatever terminal you are using. Is that right?
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

There is a receipt print setting in Manager SE; go to the Home "splash" screen, select Configurations -> Special Maintenance -> Electronic Payment Processing and check the setting under #3:
Attachments
xcprintrec.png
xcprintrec.png (12.76 KiB) Viewed 12000 times
Tim McDonnell -
allan_fee

Post by allan_fee »

Tim,

I attempted to toggle this receipt function and nothing has changed.

Is there an issue with this? Please let us know.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

allan_fee wrote:Tim,

I attempted to toggle this receipt function and nothing has changed.
Is there an issue with this? Please let us know.
None that I'm aware of; it is won't switch or it won't stick, please contact tech support.
Tim McDonnell -

Return to “Credit Card Processing”